funk rock recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• funk rock recommendations?

My cover band is trying to play more danceable stuff, instead of just the guitar-happy stuff I always wanna do.

Any suggestions?
    BluesQuest.com
    BluesLessons.com
    RockChops.com
    JazzGurus.com
    GuitarVision.com

Re: funk rock recommendations?

rhcp, if your bassist is up to it

they had a very hard funky edge on 'mother's milk', might well be worth looking at those?

and some michael jackson tracks? on a musical level he is wicked!

tom

Comment

what you really need is to check out PARLIAMENT. also called pfunk + other names but the music is extremely funkadelic + groove heavy. Their best cd was "mothership connection", so learn some of those songs and get your funk on!
      - KEVIN

MY BAND: http://thefathom.bandcamp.com

Budda Superdrive 80 II Half Stack; Mesa D-180 + Custom Emperor 2x12 Bass Cabinet
      Music Man John Petrucci (Scream'n Demon/Jazz); Ibanez S2120 (Full Shred set); Steinberger GR4
      Ibanez SR3006; Ibanez BTB1005

Originally posted by DankStar
      I'm the Betty Crocker Easy Bake OvenŽ of riffs. Ding! Another batch is done.

Comment

You could also try a little bit of jazz infused rock like Steely Dan. Some of their songs are very danceable blues boogies, like Bodhisattva, or Reeling in the Years. The guitar parts are also very challenging, I'm almost done learning the first solo for Bodhisattva and it's really intense.
        2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

james brown?

Comment

RHCP is the ****. Plain and simple.
            Originally posted by kevlar3000
            I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
            Originally posted by Zerberus
            Better is often the enemy of good
            Originally posted by ginormous
            Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Working...
            X