Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Al.C, here's another one ;)

And it actually has some Duncan content! Get your next one ready

LP Pro Deluxe with Duncan P90s, just some mellow noodling over a nice backing. Savage Macht 6 amp into a custom-built 2x10 cab.

Mellow Noodle Soup

Al, just kiddin'

Re: Hey Al.C, here's another one

Originally posted by Alvin Lee Fan
    And it actually has some Duncan content! Get your next one ready

LP Pro Deluxe with Duncan P90s, just some mellow noodling over a nice backing. Savage Macht 6 amp into a custom-built 2x10 cab.

Mellow Noodle Soup

Al, just kiddin'
    BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! GREAT tone - love that sustain with just a bit of break-up. Nice touch with those fingers, a few well placed runs and a little pinch harmonic for seasoning. Your meloldic noodling is my favorite. GREAT. THose shredders may play circles around us old farts but I will listen to this any day!

Now we got two problems with me getting a posting done, first is I left the office at 9:15 pm tonight and will be leaving for work at 7am tomorrow, fairly routine lately. Second is that your playin' is blow'n me away. Not only do I need to find time to record something but I need to find time to practice first. Mind you I am really lovin the new amp so keep your eyes open for something soon, probably short but SWEET.

Comment

Very classy playing. Never heard of that amp, but the tone is great.
      My clips

Originally posted by Rid
      How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Thanks guys, you're way too kind!

Al, us old farts have to stick together or the young shredders will over run us and we'll be left gasping with broken guitars. I can't burn it up like I used to, but I still have fun

I can post the backing if anyone wants to take a swing at it.

Nuntius, it's just a little 6 watt tube amp made by a local company here, Savage Audio. I love it, serves the purpose well. In this clip I did juice it a little with Blackstone MOSFET OD.

Here's a pic from Savage's website

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin Lee Fan

Nuntius, it's just a little 6 watt tube amp made by a local company here, Savage Audio. I love it, serves the purpose well. In this clip I did juice it a little with Blackstone MOSFET OD.

Here's a pic from Savage's website

Sounds great for a little amp. My brother briefly got interested in building low watt amps. He came across some obscure power tubes and built a couple amps that were I belive in the 2-3 watt output range. Said they had the coolest overdriven sound. After a few weeks he lost interest in them, said they truly were a one trick pony. Could do the overdriven tone great but had no really useable clean tone and obviously no headroom.
          Last edited by Al.C; 08-25-2005, 08:00 PM.

Comment

sweet ALF ... it gives a nice big sound ... just enough break up ... plenty of sustain .. nice hint of reverb too

and tasty note choice!! ... smooth but with a bit of bluesy edge ...

where do you get your backings, friend? make em? buy em? find 'em free on the web?

thanks for sharing it
            cheers
            t4d
            gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Thanks T4D!

I find 99% of my backings on the web. When I spot an interesting one, I nab it. I've never made one, per se. I have taken MIDI files, disassmebled them, run the various parts through soundfonts to snazz them up, then record them to individual waves for a better mix.

I have one CD I purchased called "Band In The Pocket" which has about 10 blues jam tracks.

Comment

Working...
              X