Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danny Gatton style

Hi,

currently hear some Danny Gatton stuff - really amazing what this guy could do.
    I read that he was able to do both fretting and picking with all 10 fingers. Does somebody know more about his technique and how he did this?

Chris
    Fender Strat Elite, Epiphone Emporer Regent, Framus Renegade Pro (4x SD Pickups!!!), modded Samick Skull&Snake
    Marshall 6101, Vox AD30VT
    Pedals, pedals, pedals ...

Re: Danny Gatton style

Danny Gatton was one of the most amazing guitar players I ever heard/saw...I never saw him live except on video. There are a few vids out there you can watch and some of them are even instructional type videos where he really goes into his technique in detail...Danny used almost all the "typical Country tricks" as well as a few he made up!

If you really wanted to get into Danny, get a few records and the videos and then study your ass off!

Originally posted by psy
    Hi,

currently hear some Danny Gatton stuff - really amazing what this guy could do.
    I read that he was able to do both fretting and picking with all 10 fingers. Does somebody know more about his technique and how he did this?

Chris
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

There's a couple of Hot Licks videos he did. They're really good. He's a great teacher and knows how to get you to learn. His "Strictly Rhythm Guitar" video is fantastic; especially if you're playing in a power trio or something. Hot Licks is closed indefinitely. The two videos Danny did for them were "Danny Gatton - Telemaster" and "Strictly Rhythm Guitar". Good luck in your search.
      -Butch

Comment

thanks fellows
        Fender Strat Elite, Epiphone Emporer Regent, Framus Renegade Pro (4x SD Pickups!!!), modded Samick Skull&Snake
        Marshall 6101, Vox AD30VT
        Pedals, pedals, pedals ...

Comment

i understand that alot of his guitar technique comes from being quite a skilled banjo player .. all that right hand finger picking just creates insanity in his speed and articulation

such incredible genre-spanning virtuosity

sad he's gone

t4d
          gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Working...
          X