Short C5 clip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short C5 clip!

Was just testing my new Barber Direct Drive pedal out and the guitar used is my PRS Mccarty with 59N/Custom 5. The C5 is sounding great with this pedal! The amp was just my little practice am a Blues Junior!

Custom 5 with Barber Direct Drive

Re: Short C5 clip!

Is the rhythm guitar you too? That sounds amazing.
    teles? voxes? what is happening to me?!

Comment

Originally posted by twoheadedboy
      Is the rhythm guitar you too? That sounds amazing.
      Yeah I double tracked the rhythm guitars then just solo'd over that! The Drums are built into the BR-532. The C5 rocks

Comment

Man, this is a great C5 clip, one of the best C5 rock clip I've heard. You're an great player, that helps the pickup quite a bit!

Gibson Les Paul Traditional
        Norman B50 Acoustic Guitar

Comment

Thanks, I guess it did come out descent for just screwing around. The very last solo run on the ending is the 59N....thats another Monster pick up with a nice fat tone of it's own!

Comment

Cool clip! The C-5 has been my favorite humbucker for a few years now. It's exactly how Duncan describes it "similar to a 59, with deeper bass and expanded output."

If it sounds scooped to you......grow some meat on your chops! hahaha
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I'm not sure why people think the pickup is scooped It probably has more to do with there amp settings than the pup it's self.

Gearjoneser I think I read somewhere you were using a overwound C5 am I right....... You still using it? For me the C5 is just right you can still get a Vintage tone but with the power to drive hard when you need it!

Comment

John, that sounds sweet but for me personally I think I like a bit more midrange beef in my tone - something more along the lines of a JB. I think I just prefer the thickness and punch you get from a mid heavy pickup. Didn't you try the JB as well?

How about the Goodwood in which I am now very familiar. Does it have more mid girth than the Goodwood? I may have to just order another. Damn you!

Comment

Rich maybe you should try the CC, I may try that one myself to find out if I like it or not. I tried the JB and thought it was just ok kind of bright, definitely prefer the C5 over the JB.

The Goodwood I would say had a little more mid and presence than the C5 but lacks bass just like the other WCR's I tried. The C5 is Fatter and Bigger than the Goodwood, Darkburst and Black Magic in my guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by J.LaGrassa
                    I'm not sure why people think the pickup is scooped It probably has more to do with there amp settings than the pup it's self.

Gearjoneser I think I read somewhere you were using a overwound C5 am I right....... You still using it? For me the C5 is just right you can still get a Vintage tone but with the power to drive hard when you need it!
                    Yeah, my Gibson Gold Top has the 15.3 Custom 5 and 59, both nickel.
                    I agree that the regular Custom 5 is darn near perfect, since it rides the line between vintage and modern. At User Group Day, I saw the perfect opportunity to have one with enhanced mids, by overwinding it a bit, as advised by Seymour. I think the reason Seymour made all the Customs 14.4 was because that's the threshold where it's as punchy and clear as possible.
                    By overwinding it, you get a bit more mids, but also a creamier top that resembles the CC. I really like the 15.3 C-5, but wouldn't wind it ANY hotter.
                    For a big rock tone, it just stomps everything I've heard.

I'm still satisfied with regular C-5's though, because they sound great and aren't quite as pushed sounding as my UGD pickup. If I could change the way Duncan makes C-5's, I'd wind several between 14.5 and 15.5, and whichever one totally kicks ass, I'd make all the C-5's to that spec. I think it would be closest to 15.0
                    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Rich maybe you should try the CC, I may try that one myself to find out if I like it or not. I tried the JB and thought it was just ok kind of bright, definitely prefer the C5 over the JB.

The Goodwood I would say had a little more mid and presence than the C5 but lacks bass just like the other WCR's I tried. The C5 is Fatter and Bigger than the Goodwood, Darkburst and Black Magic in my guitar!
                      One of my issues is that I like a thick, singing lead tone and some of that comes from a thick tones pickup.

I think you guys would like the WCR Shredder. It seems like the perfect pickup to my ears.
                      Last edited by papersoul; 08-30-2005, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Would you say the leads are fatter with the C-5 as well? How about clarity???

Comment

Originally posted by papersoul
                          Would you say the leads are fatter with the C-5 as well? How about clarity???
                          Leads are definitely fatter with the C5 and clarity is not an Issue but it still comes down to all the other gear you use to get your tone!

Comment

The only thing wrong with that clip is that it was too short.

That was great. Nice tone and performance.

Artie

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
                              The only thing wrong with that clip is that it was too short.

That was great. Nice tone and performance.
                              +1

Great stuff!

Comment

Working...
                              X