Pick or strumming solos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick or strumming solos?

I just wanted your opinions from you guys of how I should be doing solos. Right now I'am mostly doing the pick one string at a time. I have tried to use the method of muting all strings, but one string and strumming. Do you guys think I should do this instead of picking? For shredding it just seems more natural to just pick one string at a time, except for sweeping which seems like slow strumming mostly for me.

The solos I'm working are more about shredding. With slower solo's I guess picking one string at a time gives you more feeling in your playing, then muting and strumming.
    Fender MIM Strat 59 trembucker bridge/Super II neck
    Edwards 56' Goldtop 2 x SD P90-1s
    Marshall JCM 900 MKIV 2100 slx
    Marshall JCM 900 1936 Celestion GT-75/Vintage 30 cab,
    Fender Frontman 15g
    Cry Baby
    Boss DS-2
    Boss CE-3
    Danelectro Wasabi

Re: Pick or strumming solos?

For shredding I pick one note at a time too, but really fast. Depending on the tempo of the song and how or when the measure slows down or speed up. Strumming just doesn't give that shredding feel if you know what I mean. Take a look at overkill, old metallica stuff, Iced Earth, and Megadeth for some helpful tips. Hopefully this helps you.
    Peavy Valve King head + Peavy 6505 4x12 cab
    Spider II halfstack
    Ibanez AXS
    Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Sunburst
    Schector Omen6 Diamond Series
    Digitech metal master, digitech RP300
    Originally posted by Jim Morrison
    There are things known and there are things unknown, and inbetween them are THE DOORS.

Comment

Working...
    X