Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know how to...

convert .wav files to mp3?

I FINALLY managed to figure out how to record some stuff with my stupid PODXTL (I don't have recording software apparently, and Line 6 wanted a 100 bucks or something to subscribe to rifftracker? screw that). Anyhoo I set the XTL as my default and then used windows sound recorder...clips sound pretty good on headphones but theres a bit of background noise and a little clipping (mainly cos I don't know what I'm doing yet ). Oh and some crappy playing.

Anyhooo..it recorded in .wav format...I signed up for soundclick but need .mp3 format..

Help is most appreciated.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: Anyone know how to...

I use CDex

Are you a video maker, or do you just want to watch? Find the best video software for Windows, Mac, and mobile, whether you want to be the next YouTube star or just need a great media player for watching movies. These apps help you capture video, edit video, convert files, share with friends, and customize your video playback.

It can rip audio off a CD and convert wav to mp3 and back
    My clips

Originally posted by Rid
    How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Originally posted by nuntius
      I use CDex

Are you a video maker, or do you just want to watch? Find the best video software for Windows, Mac, and mobile, whether you want to be the next YouTube star or just need a great media player for watching movies. These apps help you capture video, edit video, convert files, share with friends, and customize your video playback.

It can rip audio off a CD and convert wav to mp3 and back
      Will that work on a file that is already on your hard drive nuntius? or just CD's?

I hate sound like an idiot, but well..I am ...this friggin digital stuff is a pain in the @$$...sign up for this, POD won't "talk" to that, Line6 wants my firstborn to be able to record anything...converting files, blah blah blah...Years and years ago I just plugged in a mic to my brothers tascam tape thingy and hit "record"
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

I use Cool Edit 2000. It works perfectly but CDEx is freeware and will do the job too....I think. It's been a while since I used it.

Jeff, when you record, you have to watch your levels. Too hot and it will distort. What I like about Cool Edit 2000 is that I can see how hot the signal is before recording and then set my levels accordingly.

I know what you mean about the digital stuff. It is a PITA. I still use my Tascam 4-track. That's what I recorded my clips with and then I mixed them down to my PC by hooking up the 4-track to the line in on my sound card.

You'll get it, don't worry.

Comment

use audiograbber and download the LAME mp3 encoder......its all free and works fine for me...Artietoo turned me on to it and its a nice and simple program that works well
          http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
          >cord<
          1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH
            I use Cool Edit 2000. It works perfectly but CDEx is freeware and will do the job too....I think. It's been a while since I used it.

Jeff, when you record, you have to watch your levels. Too hot and it will distort. What I like about Cool Edit 2000 is that I can see how hot the signal is before recording and then set my levels accordingly.
            I figured out my work-around for that later after I had recorde everything. The only reason I know I was clipping in the first place is because the POD XTL will display "clip" when the mic sim is on and it's getting clipped. The Windows sound recorder thing doesn't show any levels.

Unfortunately, it does make for some things that sounds like CD skips, and slight variations in tempo on my soundclips (though I was bad enough for that as it was cos I only had 60 seconds to record for each clip and sometimes I was trying to fit all of a particular riff/song piece within that 60 seconds...I was speeding things up watching the clock, LOL)

Thanks to you and Flank for the advice/suggestions

I'll try to get a few up in the next day or two...they are raw and basic...but...well that's my playing in a nutshell

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB
              Will that work on a file that is already on your hard drive nuntius? or just CD's?
              Yeah it'll work with files already on your hard drive. Just click on the convert drop down menu and select convert wav to compressed audio and take it from there!
              My clips

Originally posted by Rid
              How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB
                Line 6 wanted a 100 bucks or something to subscribe to rifftracker?
                Also Rifftracker in a PC resource hog
                Originally posted by Vincent Vespa
                Dirtbag is only half full of dirt. There rest of him is full of awesome.
                I'm as happy as a Tornado in a trailer park!! \m/

Guitar: Fender American Special Mahogany HSS Strat
                Charvel 275DX (Single coil Custom JB, Lil'59 in neck)
                Fender Std Fat Strat MIM (Crazy8 in the bridge, Lil'59 in neck)
                Amp: Line6 Spider2-30 watt
                Lil 5 Watter from Hell AX84 Hi-Octane
                Effects: Boss SD-1 DIY TS9 on Steroids MOD

Comment

Working...
                X