banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need input on video quality for a project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need input on video quality for a project.

Hi guys,

I need some input on a video. If anyone has the time, I would like you to check out this video and give me your input as to the video quality of it (NOT the guitar playing!)

I need to know if it is:
    1) If you can see / hear it
    2) Slow and crappy or too blotchy for you or if the video quality just sucks real bad
    3) If the video sucks or you can't see it......I would also like to know your browser type/version (ie Internet explorwhore or Mozilla) and what flash player version you have installed......and your internet connection speed.

Any info you can give me would be great even if you "can" see it fine, it would be nice to know the items in #3 above so I can use it for comparison.

The video is at:

Any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated by me.....and maybe fun for you

Thanks in advance,
    Fret
    http://guitarcomputer.com

Re: Need input on video quality for a project.

not too shabby
    Originally posted by zerberus
    doesn't feel right...llike an ESP......it's good and all, but somehoew it still sucks
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Itīs much better to have an open mind and a closed fist, instead
    My MySpace Account

Comment

The audio sounds really computerised. I'm on Safari, with the newest flash player, using my uni halls DSL connection.

The playing was ace though!
      "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Thanks guys......I appreciate the feedback...

ok.... Kyuss_Rock: can you tell me what you mean by computerized sound? I want to make sure that your not just talking about my effects......the sound might be a little off because of Flash's encoding and compression. Do you think that is a possibility?

Thanks again,
        Fret

Comment

Its prety hard to describe, its definately not just your effects, at times it makes the audio almost inaudible. There is lots of other noise going on over the top of the guitar sound, like the signal has been taken apart and put back together wrong. The basic data is there, but there are all these wierd atificial noises over the top.
          "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

ok, thanks........

Yeah, thats the compression from encoding to flash. I'll have to see if I can tweak it.

Let me ask you this......Just in case I can't get it any better. In your opinion, is it good enough sound quality to hear what is going on/being played?

thanks again, I really appreciate your help,

Fret

Comment

My take is the camera is just a tab too close to the fret board. The digital break up indicates this. Also the amp and mic must be very close because I can here the pick up selector being moved from the bridge to neck position. I can also hear the strings being strummed and slammed. Move the amp and mic further away from you and the camera.

These are just my suggestions. Your playing is not that bad. I wish I was that good.

Tim

Comment

Tim,

Thanks for the input.....I will work on camera/mic placement.....I think I might need a better camera though... Know of any good video cameras?
                thanks again,
                Fret

Comment

hey man, i'm not sure if it's your playing or the video, but at certain parts it just sounds sloppy, but it's not that bad.

Comment

Working...
                  X