PAF Antiquity Soundsamples?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAF Antiquity Soundsamples?

Hi! I consider to purchase SD Antiquities and looking now for Soundsamples!

The pups would be for a Gibson Les Paul Classic! Does anybody has Antiquity Samples with a Classic (or a standard)?

I'm sure anybody have this on his computer and maybe could post it or send it to me with mail??!?

OH..... Are you satisfied with the Ants in your Classic or Standard??

Could anybody help me??

Thanks a lot bye
    ParaDoxO

Re: PAF Antiquity Soundsamples?

I put a set of Antiquity HBs in my LP Classic, but I wasn't satisfied with them so I just pulled them out. I have a set of 59s in there now, but I'm not sure whether they will stay. The Antiquity set had really nice mids and highs, although the bridge lacked bite if you need that. The real problem was that they lacked output and punch -- even when raised very close to the strings. The neck Antiquity really lacked lows, especially on the wound E and A strings. Mine read at 8 ohms for the neck and 8.7 ohms for the bridge, so the weak output must be due to the aged magnets. I didn't feel like swapping magnets since I could exchange them instead. Perhaps the magnets in my set were demagnetized a bit too much, or perhaps my particular LP Classic needs hotter pickups, since I have heard excellent Antiquity HBs in other LPs.

Comment

Re: PAF Antiquity Soundsamples?

Welcome to the forum!

While not an LP, I have a CS Antiquity in my Custom Tele, carved top, maple cap, mahogany body, set neck. I think that it tends to be brighter and not quite as woody as an LP Here's a sound sample from yesterday's 12ax7 vs 12at7 shootout.

The Ant is a slightly overwound Alnico II PAF, 9.2k and degaused to 22 to simulate the aged magnet.

Sound Clips and Playing Tips. Post Your MP3 links here as well as Q/A regarding guitar playing. Recording gear questions posted here.
      Last edited by JumpMarine; 11-08-2005, 07:44 PM.
      '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Working...
      X