Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Clips: Hamer Standard & the Rivera

Got a chance to get a few clips of the Hamer and the Rivera

I don't have a "real" mic, so I simply placed my lappy as close as I could get without the amp clipping the mic, so the sound quality is a bit dark/muffled..they sound better through a good set of speakers or headphones...the volumes may be low too, so might need to crank these up, and finally, the clips are limited to 60 seconds til I get some decent recording gear.

My new Hamer w/ 59s..through the Rivera's "brit" channel. Some clips are with the boost on and the volume rolled off a tad on the guitar. Some just the gain channel with no boost, vol full up. Master volume was on about 2.5. You can hear the actual guitar playing here and there cos I was standing close to the lappy, but at 2.5 on the MV the Rivera is LOUD (at least for a bedroom). I think you can get the "marshall vibe" with these clips as poor as they are.

excuse the crappy playing and all that

www.soundclick.com/litrtrdnck then click on "music"
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: New Clips: Hamer Standard & the Rivera

Nice. Good rockin' tone. That Hamer is definitely a sweet sounding axe.

Comment

Thanks man...the 59s def sound better through the Rivera with some volume..but they are still too twangy for my tastes..open chords and lead work sound good...but for lower string riffs and power chords they are a little too thin...
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

hey jeff nice clips !!! man at 2.5 that must have been loud in a bedroom . nice tone bro . still diggin' the HAMER . i am pulling the trigger on a new bridge pickup this weekend ! i like the 59 in the neck , but the bridge needs more balls .
        Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
        Suhr OD-50
        Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

Sounded pretty fat too me. I've cut some clips today too. Just gotta post a thread.

Comment

Originally posted by shred-dog
            hey jeff nice clips !!! man at 2.5 that must have been loud in a bedroom . nice tone bro
            It was No neighbors usually in the middle of the day

still diggin' the HAMER . i am pulling the trigger on a new bridge pickup this weekend ! i like the 59 in the neck , but the bridge needs more balls .
            Agreed. For classic rock (frampton, cream, zep, etc) & blues the bridge 59 works great, but I prefer a bit more crunch and mids and less "smooth". I'm still a bit undecided. I'd really like to stay with Alnico, and am having a tough time finding something in the Duncan line thats crunchy enough. I've got a DiMarzio Super D laying around as well as an Airzone, but I figger the Zone is gonna lack some clarity in chords, and the SuperD is ceramic...

Did you ever post pics of yours? we need pics!

Comment

Working...
            X