banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warped Blues Rock (Seth Lover, PGn, Plexitone, Home made amp)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warped Blues Rock (Seth Lover, PGn, Plexitone, Home made amp)

The usual Stevo klugeo.. with some clipping here and there
    warped
    Last edited by Stevo; 05-03-2009, 08:26 PM.
    https://www.bandmix.com/stevereed/

Re: Warped Blues Rock (Seth Lover, PGn, Plexitone, Home made amp)

Which Guitar Steve?

Another very nice clip....

Love the tone of that pedal...and can kinda see what you were getting at in that other thread as regards to the Pearly Gates in the neck...a bit lackluster or indistinct, perhaps?

Your phrasing is instantly recognizeable, and this tune had a very "satch" feel to it...kind of a bizarre or "less serious" take on a bluesy boogie type thing...(thats not criticism, btw, just relating how it sounds to me)...it's "fun" sounding...

Do you feel the Plexitone will get into the same kind of tones as your 1987X or an 800 series amp? (i.e brighter/crunchier than a true plexi)
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

That amp is good, because the Plexi will not sound good, if the amp is not worth anything
      Lovethe feel of loose fun man.
      Instant recognision of your style

Comment

love the seth sounds nice and i see what you were saying about the PGn
        Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
        Suhr OD-50
        Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

Wicked tones man, but you seem to be behind the beat for pretty much the whole thing. Is that just a '57 on the speaker cabinet with the plexitone? What mic pre are you using?
          teles? voxes? what is happening to me?!

Comment

That's a fun track to listen to and great playing as always. That pedal sounds like it's serving you very well, Steve. As I mentioned before it seems to have a very organic quality to it. More so than any other pedal I've heard to date. I am definatley going to check one out after the holidays to try thru my DSL 50.

Comment

Jeff this is my Les Paul with a Seth Lover/ PGn combo. I think the PG is a cool pickup but another player could do better justice with it. I just don't seem to click with it. The plexitone is the best Marshall sounding pedal I've ever owned, by a long shot. I don't think it's possible to copy the sound of a cranked plexi, but this thing does a darn good job and it's fun to play with. I got it for live playing, because I like the flexibility. If you go in to your amp clean, you can switch from crunch to high gain, and you still have an adjustable boost. The switches are situated so you can push the high gain and the boost functions at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
                That amp is good,
                I got it from my old neighbor! He made it in the early 70s I think. It has absolute headroom at any volume and it works nicely with the pedal. It has 2 12ax7s and 2 el34s

Comment

Originally posted by twoheadedboy
                  you seem to be behind the beat for pretty much the whole thing. Is that just a '57 on the speaker cabinet with the plexitone? What mic pre are you using?
                  You are right. Besides my bad playing the drums were slightly out of sync
                  Yes that's a 57 pointed at a greenback speaker. The mic goes in to my little Mackie mixer.

Comment

I love the Seth, and I like how the Plexitone has that bwang and growl. Sounds like Jimmy Page with more gain......the tone and some of the licks. Does that pedal sound good with the amp totally clean, or does it require the amp to be pushed already? Most pedals sound best with a slightly cranked amp, but I'm curious about how it reacts with Kleeen. LOL
                    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                      Does that pedal sound good with the amp totally clean, or does it require the amp to be pushed already?
                      This pedal seems to like to go in clean. My Tube Factor was different, where it sounded better when the amp was pushed. I did this clip at very low volume, going in totally clean.

Comment

Trust me it sends a Hiwatt DR201 into a screaming rage

Comment

Sweet! I'd love to hear that Hiwatt cranked with the plexitone!

Comment

Working...
                          X