Anyone using Adobe Audition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using Adobe Audition?

I don't use loops all that much (I usually build my drum track out of one shots and then loop the patterns; that's about it) but I've been using ACID since version 2.0 because I liked the interface.

A friend of mine gave me a copy of Audition last week, though and I have to say, I'm liking it. There's a learning curve, certainly, and I keep accidentally screwing stuff up by trying to do it the way I would in ACID, but it's a promising bit of code.

Anyone else using it? What are your likes and dislikes?
    ---------------------------
    The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Re: Anyone using Adobe Audition?

I use it and love it. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that I dislike about it. With the possible exception that Adobe owns it now. Syntrillium had a much cooler forum.

Artie

Comment

i have it, only problem i have is integration with guitarrig..

anyone gotten round this?

tom

Comment

I use it. I'm so used to the interface that I really can't get much done with other software in any decent amount of time. I actually uninstalled nuendo cuz I just didn't use it.

Imp- I haven't tried this with guitarrig so there's a good chance it won't work, but in patchmix(my soundcard interface) I added a wav send to the asio preset for emulator x and I play samples real time via midi and record in adobe just as I would guitar. I'll try it later with guitar rig(despite my dislike for it) and see if it works.
        Schecter C-1 elite(alt-5, Fullshred)
        Fender Strat (Jb jr, ssl-2)
        Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
        Marshall 1960a
        Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

Didn't it used to be Cool Edit Pro? That's what I'm using now...what are the differences?
          Danny Jenkins
          Metal Official Band Page - Facebook
          motiongraphics.com.au

Comment

Few more features in audition- like vst support, new effects like pitch correction, and a slightly different layout that makes it faster to work. PLUS it lets you dump files not in use with a song so stuff isn't inadvertantly saved and also adds the filename of the song to the filename of each individual .wav- eliminating the issue wherein files could be overwritten when you open a new project.

Two things that do annoy me about the program- there's no method to easily get rid of old files to save space such as can be found in sonar and other cakewalk programs, and the overall lack of midi connectivity makes it impossible to effectively use samples without an outside program. I wish it had a beat detecter too but most programs don't.
            Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
            Marshall 1960a
            Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

I love it!
              Originally posted by Guitarist
              Honestly, I like Scott's words. "There is a rhythm to life. Ride the waves."

And keep in mind that while nothing lasts forever, nothing is lost.
              http://soundcloud.com/adrian-czarnecki/tracks

Comment

Originally posted by Imp
                i have it, only problem i have is integration with guitarrig..

anyone gotten round this?

tom
                I tested that theory of mine a few minutes ago- worked like a charm dude. What soundcard and such are you running for asio?
                Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
                Marshall 1960a
                Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

Here are the things that are bugging me about it at the moment (not deal breakers, and perhaps I'm just doing something a bit wrong):

1) Saving takes forever, as it opens a seperate save window for each track, even when I click as many "yes to all"s as I can.

2) I don't love having to manually load any file I might want to work with in order to hear it. This is only a problem for when I'm working on drums, but manually loading several folders worth of one-shots because I don't automatically know which ones are going to be the most useful is a pain in the ass.

3) Once I've loaded all those one-shots (or loops, or whatever) I can't seem to get the preview working for me. I can hit the preview play button or set it to automatically preview all I want and I get nothing.

4) It doesn't seem to play nice with all my existing Direct-X plug-ins. it will list most of them, but many are greyed out. And some aren't listed at all. Luckily, there are enough built-in effects to cover most of the same ground, but a) I like having choices and b)in many cases I'd rather continue to use the familiar interface of a plug-in that I've been using for years than learn a new one.
                  ---------------------------
                  The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Adobe is totally NOT the program to be using for drum editing. I've never had issues with any of my direct-x plugins though.
                    Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
                    Marshall 1960a
                    Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

Originally posted by Death's Acre
                      I tested that theory of mine a few minutes ago- worked like a charm dude. What soundcard and such are you running for asio?

creative soundblaster audigy 2 zs.. it's a laptop card! its the vst support i cant get to work fully...

tom

Comment

It doesn't have FULL vst support persay. You can't run VSTi's or anything asio supported because frankly it doesn't support asio. Run guitarrig seperately(open outside of audition) and route an asio send into a wav send and it works great though.
                        Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
                        Marshall 1960a
                        Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

Working...
                        X