Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Celtic Franklin!

Originally posted by Evan Skopp

Scott, are you really selling these for around a grand to the first few (lucky) takers? That's a steal.
    Now he won't be
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

OK, I just came back from the SD sound room where I listened to Scott Miller play this thing at full tilt. Dang. This is a really great-sounding amp. It's got that Vox AC-15 thing going bigtime.

Also, it works really well with the (not yet released) SFX-03.

Scott, are you really selling these for around a grand to the first few (lucky) takers? That's a steal.

I think I have them priced at 1050 for a 1x12 in black mesa wrinkle tolex.

Also, Evan, what did you think about clean headroom versus distortion? in your opinion, do these 15 watts work for most small club situations or is 30 watts mandatory?

I am still going to get that 30 watter built soon, but I"m having to mod the chassis myself, plus I've still got paying customers that I need to get taken care of first.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

And, for sure, I've made it very clear that the first 5-10 amps out the door go out for as little as I can justify. I want reviews and I also want to build a reputation.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

That was great! Stevo that was definitely a hot piece and Scott that amp sounds beautiful!!
          My Bands -
          https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
          www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
          www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
          GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Stevo,

Great playing - great tone! Thanks for the clip.

Comment

Thanks for listening everyone! I agree, Scott did a supreme job on this amp
              https://www.bandmix.com/stevereed/

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F
                Evan, what did you think about clean headroom versus distortion? in your opinion, do these 15 watts work for most small club situations or is 30 watts mandatory?
                I played it dimed and it's way-loud. But you lose the pristine clean headroom at that volume. It's as loud or louder than my Princeton. I'm not sure how much louder the 30 watt would be, but hopefully, it'll have more clean headroom (remember, to make an amp twice as loud as a 15 watt, you need to go to 150 watts, not 30 watts). Franklin would work for most club dates when your weren't playing alongside, say, Seymour...

Originally posted by Scott_F
                I am still going to get that 30 watter built soon, but I"m having to mod the chassis myself, plus I've still got paying customers that I need to get taken care of first.
                Hey, I'm a paying customer.
                Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
                Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

I played it dimed and it's way-loud. But you lose the pristine clean headroom at that volume. It's as loud or louder than my Princeton. I'm not sure how much louder the 30 watt would be, but hopefully, it'll have more clean headroom (remember, to make an amp twice as loud as a 15 watt, you need to go to 150 watts, not 30 watts). Franklin would work for most club dates when your weren't playing alongside, say, Seymour...

Hey, I'm a paying customer.

Work on the Evan-Rude is about to commence...

I was only referring to making the 30 watt franklin after I take care of a few other things that guys like yourself have asked me to come up with. 30 watt Franklin is not something that I think you are wanting. You are in need of 6L6's, my good man.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Franklin would work for most club dates when your weren't playing alongside, say, Seymour...

Comment

I played Franklin for a full hour yesterday at living room volume.

Dang!

And it looks so pretty in my living room sitting on the hardwood (cherry) floor...
                      Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
                      Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by RiffRaff
                        Thanks for the clip.
                        Thanks for listening bro

Comment

Working...
                        X