Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 59s/Fulltone OCD/Deluxe Reverb

Hello all,

I recently acquired a real nice guitar from a friend of mine.

It is a 2004 Heritage Prospect, which is sort of like a smaller body 335. Heritage uses Seymour Duncan pickups in many of their guitars, especially the ones available through Jay Wolfe of Wolfe's Guitars in Florida.

Anyway, I am very happy with the versatility of the 59s. This guitar can get very bright or very warm. It can sound open and airy or down and dirty. Best of all, it is alot more comfortable to play, seated or standing, than the 335.

Have a listen, tone comments welcome!

Gibson ES-335 (stock '57 Classics)*Warmoth Tele (PGn/Brobuckerbridge) *Fender American Strat w/DiMarzio Fast Track Is*Fender Princeton Reverb*Martin D-28*Favorite effects-Maxon AD80*80s Ibanez TS-9*80s Boss OD-1*Fulldrive 2*Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive and MicroVibe-Maxon AF-9*Vox Wah

Re: 59s/Fulltone OCD/Deluxe Reverb

It is quite a nice tone. Plenty of bite, but somehow smooth.

Comment

Very nice, is that a stock DR RI?
      '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Sounded great....Very Santana sounding with more bite....Sought of Peter Green sounding also..
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Yes, stock DR RI. OCD was on the LP mode, so it has plenty more gain on tap. The backing track is based on the Peter Green version of Black Magic Woman. Got it over on the Les Paul forum-lots of cool tracks there.

Strat Deluxer-what part of Florida are you in? I'm a recent transplant to South Florida (Boynton Beach).
          Gibson ES-335 (stock '57 Classics)*Warmoth Tele (PGn/Brobuckerbridge) *Fender American Strat w/DiMarzio Fast Track Is*Fender Princeton Reverb*Martin D-28*Favorite effects-Maxon AD80*80s Ibanez TS-9*80s Boss OD-1*Fulldrive 2*Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive and MicroVibe-Maxon AF-9*Vox Wah

Comment

Sounds great!

Comment

Working...
            X