PlexiTone Wank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PlexiTone Wank

OK here it is...about 5 or 6 minutes of totally random jerkin around...

PlexiTone-Rivera-Hamer w/ 59s-windows sound recorder-crappy laptop mic.

Start off on the high gan channel..then into the crunch and right towards the end back to the high gain channel.

My playing does not do this pedal justice...you gotta hear it for yourself!
    linky

You can really hear the twang of the 59s in these clips (and I had the tone rolled off to 5!)
    Last edited by JeffB; 11-27-2005, 09:03 PM.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: PlexiTone Wank

great clip!
    makes me really want a Plexi. I wish I could just call of Celtic Amplifiers and order me a nice new head.
    I'de definetly consider giving the pedal a try after listening to the clip.

Very Kool ~ Rock On!
    ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
    2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
    Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

I can tell that the PlexiTone is one of those pedals that cant be appreciated until heard in real life...You can tell that the clip didnt capture everything.

Sounds great nonetheless!
      Fender USA Strat
      Dr. Z MAZ 18 Jr. Reverb
      Retroman Sybil Fuzz
      Zendrive

Comment

Heh love that fat sound your guitar have.
        And good playing too
        It seems that it copes well with the bottomend.

Comment

Killer tones, bro. That PlexiTone really brings out the wonderfulness of the Hamer. Good playing too. Like I've said, you've got solid rhythm chops.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzyratfarts
            I can tell that the PlexiTone is one of those pedals that cant be appreciated until heard in real life...You can tell that the clip didnt capture everything.
            This is so true...I'm amazed at how tube like in sound and feel it really is...how authentic the marshall tone is...it's got that warm marshall sparkle on top....The Rivera does not have that, not many amps, regardless of price do! It's just the PlexiTone,as Rid said, gets the "cranked amp" low end and bite as well as the sound of EL34s being pushed. It sounds HUGE. I had the volume on that clip low too...Master at about 5, Volume on 1, level on the pedal set lower than with the pedal off. Was on the "bassman" setting...mids at 6...Bass at 4, treble all the way off, bright switch engaged, and PRE about 3.

Kac, if you cannot afford the real thing, I believe you'd be hard pressed to find better than this pedal!

Rid, Thanks for the compliments..just need to keep that "fat' sound and get rid of that twang! Pretty LesPaul-ish, no? And thanks for such an awesome pedal! It really is a Plexi in a box

Erik, thanks Bro!
            I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Angus Blackmore, nice sounds. Cool playing. What were you amp settings and the plexitone settings? Does the Rivera have a master volume?
              Last edited by Guitar Toad; 11-28-2005, 02:44 PM.
              Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.
              -Conrad Hilton

Comment

GT..thank you I posted the amp settings I recorded that with in the above thread.

But I was messing around with it tonight and think I came up with something better.

Fender Channel. Set for "Bassman". No bright switch pulled. On the dial (not clock settings)Treble 3, Mids 7, Bass 5, Pre 4. Plexitone's tone control on about 11 o clock. You can set the gain almost anywhere on either the high gain or crunch channel, but I find the crunch channel best between 9 o clock and 1 o clock. High gain I usually have between 12 o clock and 3 o clock.

It's a bit less twangy set all like that..only had to roll the tone off on the Hamer to 7 I don't know if it's the pups or the amp, or a combo of the both, but I'm starting to think I own a Tele again

It's really amazing how tubey the thing is....its got that warm fuzzy stuff going on, LOL. I really should get the SuperD in this guitar soon...I just can't get to the shop before they close during the week, and on the weekends they have no tech in.

EDIT: Yes, The rivera has a MV for both channels..tonight I had the master on 7, and the regular volume on 1.

Comment

whoa, that's embarrassing that I missed that
                  i am a bad speed reader, especially when sneaking a peak at work.
                  Thanks Jeff.
                  Last edited by Guitar Toad; 11-29-2005, 09:13 PM.
                  Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.
                  -Conrad Hilton

Comment

Great clip Jeff.....Just ordered a Plexitone for myself thanks to your clips,Stevo,and RID....Appreciate it...Both your playing and your tone are great..

I Loved your "Woman From Tokyo",Sweet Emotion,and AC/DC tones..The AC/DC tones reminded me very much of Alex Lifeson's tones he got on "Working Man" off the first Rush album...I'm excited about having my own Plexitone pedal now! The Stormbringer/Deep Purple stuff was great also!
                    Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 11-29-2005, 09:08 PM.
                    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Thanks John Should sound really good through the Bassman or Dumble clean model on your Valvetronix.

As I said, I was running it through the "bassman" settings on my Rivera and it's great.

Honestly, I haven't gotten a BAD tone out of it period...regardless of tweed, blackface or the marshall channel....

I'm not well versed in pedals, at least anything "modern"...mostly old school stuff...tubescreamers, rat, Boss stuff...I like the Sansamp, but it doesn't sound like a "real" amp...it's a good emulation though. I don't know about your mods, or other boutique pedals, but no doubt the Plexitone is worlds away from anything I've ever messed with...I've *never* been a pedal fan as a stand alone distortion/gain channel...until now!

Comment

Wow, that was some pretty killer sounds in there. Lots of crunchy goodness. You're a pretty solid player, too. Good work!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB
                          Thanks John Should sound really good through the Bassman or Dumble clean model on your Valvetronix.

As I said, I was running it through the "bassman" settings on my Rivera and it's great.

Honestly, I haven't gotten a BAD tone out of it period...regardless of tweed, blackface or the marshall channel....

I'm not well versed in pedals, at least anything "modern"...mostly old school stuff...tubescreamers, rat, Boss stuff...I like the Sansamp, but it doesn't sound like a "real" amp...it's a good emulation though. I don't know about your mods, or other boutique pedals, but no doubt the Plexitone is worlds away from anything I've ever messed with...I've *never* been a pedal fan as a stand alone distortion/gain channel...until now!
                          Well.....I was quite impressed with both your playing and your tone buddy!
                          I was thinking the pedal would sound great through my old 73 50 watt Marshall NMV head or into my BF Pro Reverb combo,though It'll probably sound good through the Valvetronix head also? I've not heard any setting on that pedal yet that I haven't liked,plus it's getting great reviews! I'm all over it buddy!

Like yourself,I Like the older pedals you mentioned and Stevo and I have similar tastes in gear...
                          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments folks

edit: not that I dont think the pups sound great..they do..but it's not the sound I'm looking for...I need a bit more mids/less twang

Comment

Working...
                            X