All Lizzy All The Time-PLexitone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All Lizzy All The Time-PLexitone

For someone who wasn't much of a JP fan, you sure nail their early tone really really well. So well it's scary sometimes. Their early tone is that raw cranked Marshall JMP tone. Awesome stuff. I do remember the Priest vs. Maiden thing. Where I grew up it was more British Metal vs. American Metal. I'll have to cut a few clips so you can hear some of it.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB
      Heh....well..honest I was never a huge JP fan...VOC is the ONLY song I know...I've never even heard of those other two songs...I was always a Maiden guy (member way back when metal kids used to fight over the JP vs IM thing?, LMAO)

I'll do Beast for sure...so it's kind of an A/B

John,

Thanks bro!

As I mentioned above...no two recordings of mine will ever sound the same unfortunately cos of the crappy way I have to record things ...but some other reasons as to why it may sound darker are:

I used diff amp settings compared to the last clip.

I had the volume about half as much as the last PT clip.

The Hamer is def a brighter instrument....and then there is the added brightness of the 59s in it.

In general the Paula is "bigger", warmer, and is thicker/more complex sounding but doesn't have as much note clarity as the Hamer....partly pickups...partly the stock Gibson pots, I suppose?
      It's fine though Jeff and only what I heard as far as the tone,but the overall sound you get is a really cool ole Marshall tone for sure! I Love this pedal and it's very inspiring...I Plug in with minimal adjustment and get great tone regardless of guitar straight into my 73 50 watt 1987 head....Sounded great through my Vox head the other night also..
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH
        For someone who wasn't much of a JP fan, you sure nail their early tone really really well. So well it's scary sometimes. Their early tone is that raw cranked Marshall JMP tone. Awesome stuff. I do remember the Priest vs. Maiden thing. Where I grew up it was more British Metal vs. American Metal. I'll have to cut a few clips so you can hear some of it.
        Cool...I actually have only ever bought one JP album..Unleashed in the East...love that album..never cared much for their later stuff. UitE is CLASSIC 70s metal tone for sure..and a tone I prefer.

John, what amp model didya run the plexitone through on your VOX?
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Nice Lizzy-ing there bro That is definitely the plexitone tone.. I am becoming quite familiar with it, spending a bit of time with mine

Thanks for the cool rockin clip..
          https://www.bandmix.com/stevereed/

Comment

Really nice tone, RID one hell of a pedal! Love every clip I have heard!
            ]
            FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

Thank You Steve and Kev

RID really did produce an awesome piece of gear...I just wish the clips did it justice...cos the feel/dynamics, etc are just as great as the tone, too!
              I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

jeff love the tone and you can't go wrong jammin' some THIN LIZZY !!!!!!
                Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
                Suhr OD-50
                Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

Originally posted by shred-dog
                  jeff love the tone and you can't go wrong jammin' some THIN LIZZY !!!!!!
                  Thanks!

You ever get your pickups worked out yet?

Comment

Working...
                  X