• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post

The resultant tonality of your wanks is so funny. It's a combination between kind of in key and something fishy going on / 1st grade band camp lol.
      End of the day I follow my ears, if they say it's good 'tonally' then that's what I automatically play. I tend not to overthink/analyse things (there's literally no time for that ).

It's unique (doubt me? try covering it ) & it flows/sounds just fine (if a bit different/unfamiliar) ..& that's what I'm going for.
      "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
      If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

I bought them for you

Comment

Morning wank...

Grabbed my cheap Ibby SA, plugged into my Mooer GE300 - (Randall T2 Tone capture/Lace Deathbucker in the bridge) and jammed over one of the looped backing tracks I'd imported earlier. I like this axe, it's nice & shredworthy & fun to play but It's long overdue for a string change, they're cruddy as **** .....gonna start on that right now

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

everytime I try to play faster than 8ths, it ends up sounding rather... wanky. :/

I never learned the "shred" technique, or playing more than moderately fast. My ex lead guitar player was a master of that
            -so I took the bass guitar. And we was a great duo in our band, "The Spotbang Quartet", back in 2009.

My guitar is setup for a slow-hand approach too, with high action and 011's,
            and it sounds gracious, dynamic and full. Though, is even harder to play fast on, than a strat-type guitar with 009's .

I play mostly rhythm guitar, fingerpicking and melody lines though.

-E
            If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

That's a reason I went back to keyz. I can run 16th notes easily. I don't have to traumatize my left hand and have ultra epic technique and hand sync. It's simple you just run the shape with 1 hand. Takes no effort. Music doesn't sound as good to me if there are never any quick rhythms.
              I bought them for you

Comment

Personally I don't buy the "playing fast means means you have no feel & are a robotic wanker" arguement. I'm more in the " you can play fast AND have ****loads of feel/melody/fun" camp. Almost all my fave players from just about any era were the "speedster's" of their time ...starting with Ten Years After's Alvin Lee

I love speed & I'm not in the least bit apologetic about that. When I first heard Yngwie in the mid 80's my jaw hit the floor. It's never happened with any guitar player before or since. And while he had oodles of feel & melody ..what set him apart from every other rock/metal guitar player on the planet at the time was sheer speed...& the degree of that that he was capable of.

In reality though, I think what I really liked was that with his unbelievable speed he had set himself apart from everyone else. That's probably what impresses me the most about guitar players...individuality ...not just speed per say.

And while I definitely do enjoy speed (though not just for speed's sake.... ) I also love a bunch of blues players (Buddy Guy, Jeff Healey, SRV etc) & guys like Angus Young and Gary Moore (both huge influences) ...but yeah, there's no denying....with Yngwie it was complete "shock and awe"

Personally I try to mix it up when I play ie....bluesiness/melody & speed. (and of course ....individuality)

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                X