banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New project -- I just scored a silent movie (THE LOST WORLD, 1925)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New project -- I just scored a silent movie (THE LOST WORLD, 1925)

Hi everyone!

Long time, no speak! I hope you are all doing well!

I just wanted to let you all know that I've recently completed my first film score (also been doing quite a bit of commission work scoring various things of late).

Pour a drink, sit back, and have a watch/listen. All feedback is welcome, as ever.

Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
    Hi everyone!

Long time, no speak! I hope you are all doing well!

I just wanted to let you all know that I've recently completed my first film score (also been doing quite a bit of commission work scoring various things of late).

Pour a drink, sit back, and have a watch/listen. All feedback is welcome, as ever.
    Hey cool.

I love this type of thing.

My favorite is Simon Fisher Turner's Epic of Everest soundtrack from the 1924 Expedition footage -check it out (without video due to licensing)

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Trippy stuff man. Would be curious to hear your methods for making this
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
      http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

That's fantastic. Well done.
        Of your music that I've heard so far, that's my favourite.

I think it would be even better suited as a soundtrack to futuristic moody sci-fi - as against '20s moody sci-fi, but I really like it.

Comment

Originally posted by alex1fly View Post
          Trippy stuff man. Would be curious to hear your methods for making this
          It was recorded live from a modular that I purpose-assembled from my larger system: 5 melodic voices and 4 percussion voices (all analog). Once the modular was recorded, I added minimal poly synth in some spots and I use the Soma Lyra-8 for drones and feedback droning. It was recorded with effects in place as well. I then edited the sections to match what was going on on-screen, and then had the final mix mastered.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210819_141015.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	6134792

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post

It was recorded live from a modular that I purpose-assembled from my larger system: 5 melodic voices and 4 percussion voices (all analog). Once the modular was recorded, I added minimal poly synth in some spots and I use the Soma Lyra-8 for drones and feedback droning. It was recorded with effects in place as well. I then edited the sections to match what was going on on-screen, and then had the final mix mastered.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210819_141015.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	6134792
            Holy **** that is mega impressive. Nice job!!! Nice cabling too! MIDI/synth stuff gets out of control fast.
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
            http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Originally posted by alex1fly View Post

Holy **** that is mega impressive. Nice job!!! Nice cabling too! MIDI/synth stuff gets out of control fast.
              Imposing limitations is definitely helpful or you will spend way too much time looking for sounds!

Comment

Working...
              X