Extreme - Decadence Dance Intro w '66 Fender Deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme - Decadence Dance Intro w '66 Fender Deluxe

(I spent some more time mixing and have a new version)
    ... and a Friedman BE-OD Deluxe of course. Double Deluxe!

Found what appears to be the real backing track (intro FX + drums + bass) for anyone out there who wants to put it to use:

All guitars moi. Left little string noises (no cleanup)

Last edited by LLL; 01-02-2022, 07:46 PM.

The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

Great job, Nuno is like Eddie, which are better his rhythms or his leads?

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
        Great job, Nuno is like Eddie, which are better his rhythms or his leads?
        Thanks - Nuno is better at constructing leads than Eddie overall. Eddie is kind of the "fall down the stairs and land on your feet" type of soloist; maybe in the studio he would wing it or throw several out, and pick the best one or best parts. Occasionally Ed seems to construct a solo (obviously Eruption).

Nuno constructs most if not all of his solos. Very melodic and organized.

I'd say Nuno's rhythm and leads are equally excellent.

Nuno vs. EVH? Nuno's overall a better guitarist, but Ed was the pioneer and the one who started that general style.

Unfortunately, Nuno came on the scene a little too late. Even though he was the next Guitar God in succession (late 80s), he does not get the Guitar God recognition due to him because of that, and because mainstream kept pushing that "More Than Words" video.

Comment

I wouldn't play the who is better game with those 2, they are 2 of my favorites. Different yet very similar, EVH was a big influence on Nuno.

BTW, your tone on that track was killer!
          Last edited by devastone; 01-03-2022, 08:08 AM.

Comment

That's pretty dang cool. Timing sounds a little off before the drums kick in. Killer tone. I love Nuno's style. He, Vito, EVH. My God, those 3 alone give me goosebumps listening to them.

Comment

Glad you left it more raw. Too much polish on most things now a days.
              The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
                Glad you left it more raw. Too much polish on most things now a days.
                Thanks - been working on "Flight Of The Wounded Bumblebee" as well. Got a cool delay trick.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post

Thanks - been working on "Flight Of The Wounded Bumblebee" as well. Got a cool delay trick.
                  Look forward to hearing it.
                  The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Working...
                  X