Round 'n Round by RATT - Guitar Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Securb View Post
    Rolan what did you use for amps and your signal chain?
    Hey bud my setup was like this:

Both San Dimas' through Cubase using Guitar Rig 5.
    - Crosby (black guitar) through a Soldano SLO100 into a Mesa angled 4x12 with compression and mild reverb
    - Demartini (red guitar) through a Mesa Dual Rectifier into a Marshall JCM900 2x12 with mild reverb

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

We love playing that song and the harmony leads live.
      I'm sure! It's a fun song to play live especially with a whole band

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post
        I just got picked up hitchhiking going to pick up my car that was in Miami in a speedshop getting a rear end, new transmission, radiator, carb, shocks, springs and what they called a handling package. I'll never forget it, some older guy with a Grey primered 1970 camaro picked me up. As soon as I got he popped it in the cassette deck and we listened to Ratt & Dokken until he dropped me off
        Cool story! Dokken is another one of my favs from that mighty era
        I gotta cover Into the Fire or In My Dreams soon

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Nobody replied, so I will to my own comment -Im assuming you used the same guitar for both guitars on the track and just EQ'd/Amp Voiced them differently right? and the 2 sweet different guitars on the video were for the video fun only?

As they have the same very minor G String issue -so I assume you only used one guitar?

I have sensitive ears, your video is great BTW

Sorry about the late reply. No I didn't use the same guitar. I played both Charvels separately while tracking both player's parts. They are amped differently, correct. I replied to another person's comment on my signal chain. G string can sometimes be a pain so it's entirely possible that both guitar's intonation on that string was slightly off. Generally they hold tune well though. I find myself having to double check the G string more often than others especially before laying down a track.

Thanks for the compliment, I greatly appreciate it

Comment

The orange Charvel looks like it has DiMarzios in it. I am curious as to what they are.
            Well spotted! She's actually red
            I swapped her stock JB/59 out in favor of custom ordered chrome DiMarzio The Breed bridge and Illuminator neck. The Breed definitely sounds better in this guitar than the JB did to me at least. Illuminator walks over the 59 for high gain leads too.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
              Great job Rolan! Love the swirly hoody too!

Young 'uns... I was in college.
              Thanks so much! That hoody is the Vai in me coming out to play hahaha
              Man I felt hot and sweaty in it in the sun though lol

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                Here is the OP???

Need him back here!
                Sorry it took me so long

Comment

Rolan thank you for coming back and answering all of our questions.

Comment

5 stars for the fact that you're up and jumping around and not just sitting on a chair.

Comment

Rolan thank you for coming back and answering all of our questions.
                      It's my absolute pleasure! Thank you all for watching my video and commenting here too

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post
                        5 stars for the fact that you're up and jumping around and not just sitting on a chair.
                        Thanks! For a Bon Jovi song I'd be sitting on a chair hahaha

Comment

Working...
                        X