Debut film & music video. JB pickup. American Girl doll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debut film & music video. JB pickup. American Girl doll

A heartwarming tale of loss and inspiration, with a happy metal ending. Henceforth, Jaz The Rapper shall be known as Jaz The Thrasher.
    Happy to answer questions about the whole thing. Videography, sound design, mixing, recording, etc.

You did this,? Wow... Haven't gotten through the whole thing, but it looks to be really well made!

Comment

That was really cool, how much time did it take?

Comment

Jazz can do the Prince name change, and just be Jazz the artist.

Comment

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
          You did this,? Wow... Haven't gotten through the whole thing, but it looks to be really well made!
          Yes & thank you!

Originally posted by solspirit View Post
          That was really cool, how much time did it take?
          A few years. I had 0 schooling or experience, and aside from a boom op/sound recordist in the classroom scene, I did everything myself. That scene simply had too many actors for 1 person to mic & shoot. I lived on forums & youtube tutorials. lol

Comment

There were a lot of really cool pov shots

Comment

The record exec scene had me falling about the room, absolutely hilarious!

Why the choice for the doll? (I still have a few mins left, so the queation might be premature!)

Comment

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
                The record exec scene had me falling about the room, absolutely hilarious!

Why the choice for the doll? (I still have a few mins left, so the queation might be premature!)
                Thanks! Casting for that scene was fun too. Got to meet Loaded Lux. VERY tough choice!

If you mean why a doll at all, it's because I got frustrated by multiple delays and scheduling conflicts trying to shoot a video with Jaz herself and one of her experienced videographers. When I told her I'd make a video without her on my own, I was secretly hoping she's leap into action. But she called my bluff instead.

If you mean why an American Girl doll, ironically it's because my dad used to talk sh*t about them whenever we'd happen to pass by the store. lmao "They got a salon in there...... FOR THE DOLL. PFFFT!" So AG was the first doll company I thought of. I do think the ambiguous smile with 2 teeth showing make them more versatile than most others.

Comment

Yeah I meant why a doll at all. I was looking for some "hidden message" in the main character being a doll, but nobody noticing that and so on and so forth. I tend to overthink things at times you see. Aaaand I never knew that Jaz the Rapper actually exists....

Comment

That's pretty badass. You should be very proud of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                      That's pretty badass. You should be very proud of yourself.
                      Thanks! Just got word we were selected for a local film festival.

Recording an abridged guitar playthrough tonight, touching on the main riffs...

Comment

Originally posted by moshuajusic View Post

Thanks! Just got word we were selected for a local film festival.

Recording an abridged guitar playthrough tonight, touching on the main riffs...
                        Wow. . Super cool!

Comment

You've got a great eye man

Comment

You going to be thumping an emphatic baseline for next one?

Comment

Working...
                            X