Jolly, Nexion, 80's Thrash...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jolly, Nexion, 80's Thrash...

So much jams I HAD to record something. Just threw it dow as brutulz as I could. remember - not generally my thing!

Les Paul, Duncan Distortion, Drop D tuning.
    JCM900
    Right - short delay
    Left - reverb
    Different EQ each side.

And as mentioned - no bass! Yet...

I really should have worked on the EQ a little more, and certainly have used a noise gate set of Panera. But Like I said...so many guys posting excellent clips. If you have comments good bad or otherwise, feel free to throw them down. I like the direction this is going. I was experimenting with some lead lines, but wasn't satisfied with any of them

Stream Freight train - scratch no bass by Aceman on desktop and mobile. Play over 265 million tracks for free on SoundCloud.
    Last edited by Aceman; 02-21-2022, 10:39 AM.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

I listened to it through some cheap ear buds on my cell phone, but I thought the tone was pretty good. You should try it with about 1/3 less distortion and see how that sounds.

Comment

Look Ma! The AceDude has bassdrums in his mix!

Seriously though... Did you really have Nitro's Freight Train on your mind? The first riff gave me the same vide, dunno why. Might be the title guiding my brain. The riff starting around 0:50... It has this cool ancient, "ugly" Death Metal vibe to it, me likes. I'd try it lower, with palm mutes and release the pm for the quarter note power chord at the end of the bars or even tremolo picked. Would make for a nice Swedish buzzsaw. And of course - for my taste - MOAR GAINZ!

Comment

Agreed on Gain. but it sounded good to me while doing it. Like I said - got caught up in the chug!!!!

No - not even thinking of Freight Train. It felt Train vibe to me.

Ooooh - HM2 into JCM900...THIS must be tried!!!!

Comment

With no bass, call them the lost ...And Justice For All tracks...LOL

Cool metal groove.

Comment

I did go to a model train museum this weekend. Maybe that was it?

Comment

Working...
            X