Stone Soup Dispute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stone Soup Dispute

Last time you guys went kinda soft on me so here's your next chance at being RUTHLESS. I'll start: that first bend is disgustingly flat.

The idea was that the two guitars are having a dispute over who should ve the lead, they go back and forth, the King V at one point laughs at the WR7, who doesn't give up and they finally agree that they can do it as a team.

This is about a year old. Used a Kiko Loureiro backing track (Gray Stone Gateway).

Hit the weights more often coupled with regular running. And less meat in your diet.

Comment

What's the only thing better than wankery? Dual wankery picture in picture!!

What amp(s) did you use? Or was that direct with some emulation?

Comment

Nike Logo on Sweat bands is soft as hell.... Harden up Man!

Not enough scars on your hands and arms.... Harden up Man!

Ok, now for actual critique -it's a cool bunch of metal riffs

so only one constructive criticism...

The tones, the riffs don't really have enough personality for me - enough that would make me think it's Nexion's sound.

Get MORE weird man!
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

^ It was really cool, I love the dual guitars, brings me back to the 80's

Comment

Thank you guys for taking the time!

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

What amp(s) did you use? Or was that direct with some emulation?
            Neural DSP Soldano suite. I believe it was a factory preset.

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
            Nike Logo on Sweat bands is soft as hell.... Harden up Man!
            No can do. I sweat like a pig and those exquisite import finishes stick to me like glue... LOL best I can do is to get a neon pink one...

Not enough scars on your hands and arms.... Harden up Man!
            You mean the ink? Yeah, I should hit up the guy someday to finish up my left arm. If I called today maybe he could give me a spot for 2025 or so... Everybody and their mother wants to get a spot with him and many of them are not from the plebs like myself. I dont even know how I was so lucky to get 3 sessions with him

Ok, now for actual critique -it's a cool bunch of metal riffs

so only one constructive criticism...

The tones, the riffs don't really have enough personality for me - enough that would make me think it's Nexion's sound.

Get MORE weird man!
            I wish that Nexion's sound already existed! I should really practice a little less and play a LOT more. But yeah, agreed, pretty run of the mill stuff. But Iam happy it's on tape: I can use it as a measuring stick down the road. Like, do another take o nthis 2 years from now and see how I handle the same situation.

Originally posted by solspirit View Post
            ^ It was really cool, I love the dual guitars, brings me back to the 80's
            At least I did something good with the world then... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
              Hit the weights more often coupled with regular running. And less meat in your diet.
              Forgot to mention that you actually have to be nice. Being yourself is not really a challenge. Still, thanks for taking the time.

Comment

You should start a duo with Phantasmagoria.

Comment

You look like Blasphemer.

The things that you wanted
                  I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
                    You look like Blasphemer.

WAT? NOOOOOOO! BLASPHEMY!

Comment

Lol. That's a cool guitarist to look like.
                      The things that you wanted
                      I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post

You mean the ink? Yeah, I should hit up the guy someday to finish up my left arm. If I called today maybe he could give me a spot for 2025 or so... Everybody and their mother wants to get a spot with him and many of them are not from the plebs like myself. I dont even know how I was so lucky to get 3 sessions with him. LOL
                        No not ink man,, thats for posers who dont spent enough money on hard drugs,.

you need battle scars -from knife fights, climbing barbed wire fences, punching faces.....

You're arms look like ones in a commercial for baby lotion. They are way too nice.
                        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

you need battle scars -from knife fights, climbing barbed wire fences, punching faces.....
                          I already look like a felon without those, I guess I'll pass. LOL The last time a picture was taken of me for a passcard, I looked like Florida Man's mugshot. I was afraid to show it to my family....

Comment

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post

I already look like a felon without those, I guess I'll pass. LOL The last time a picture was taken of me for a passcard, I looked like Florida Man's mugshot. I was afraid to show it to my family....
                            You have a great sense of humor -I appreciate this.

Comment

might I suggest in your quest for the quintessential Nexion sound and style, to focus on listening and watching to non metal musical and art influences..

Bring something else into the tent!

We should all take this advice BTW

Comment

Working...
                              X