Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RATT Wanted Man - DeMartini Solo

EDIT: Remixing and adding new

Revisiting Wanted Man and redoing all clips, mix, FX, whole thing - with all my new killer plugins. Still WIP

Whipped up quick DeMartini solo for fun (no whammy abuse):

Last edited by LLL; 06-25-2022, 03:23 PM.

Intro whip-up

Last edited by LLL; 06-25-2022, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Nice job. Warren can make any song interesting with his playing.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
        Revisiting Wanted Man and redoing all clips, mix, FX, whole thing - with all my new killer plugins. Still WIP

Whipped up quick DeMartini solo for fun (no whammy abuse):

BLASPHEMER!!!!!

​​​​​​ #2 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven images.
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

BLASPHEMER!!!!!

​​​​​​ #2 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven images.
          Hah - this is rough version. I'm racking my brain and ears trying to figure out what Beau Hill did to the production.

Comment

Warren kicked ass and that's one my favorite solos by him, besides round and round. Good job man!

Comment

So Warren is one of my top 5 players.

But I want to point out something that is very prevalent in his playing here and your great execution of it

-That 4th chord on the main riff (the A and C# together) really shows how our brains have been trained via equal temperament that this is in tune, when it's not at all.

My brain screams to me every time "tune that guitar". -when in fact it's perfectly in tune for a standard guitar.

Just a good illustration of it in this classic riff.
              Last edited by NegativeEase; 06-27-2022, 11:26 AM.
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

So Warren is one of my top 5 players.

But I want to point out something that is very prevalent in his playing here and your great execution of it

-That 4th chord on the main riff (the A and C# together) really shows how our brains have been trained via equal temperament that this is in tune, when it's not at all.

My brain screams to me every time "tune that guitar". -when in fact it's perfectly in tune for a standard guitar.

Just a good illustration of it in this classic riff.
                4th chord - don't you mean the G and C together (3rd & 4th strings)?

Maybe you meant the 3rd chord (the Amaj diad of C# and A played on the 3rd & 4th strings)

Four shapes (diads mostly) are these, in order (mostly 3rd & 4th strings):

E D C# C
                B A A G

Or basically:

E, D, Amaj, C

with a change of

E, G, Amaj, C
                Last edited by LLL; 06-27-2022, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post

4th chord - don't you mean the G and C together (3rd & 4th strings)?

Four shapes (diads mostly) are these, in order (mostly 3rd & 4th strings):

E D C# C
                  B A A G

Or basically:

E, D, Amaj, C

with a change of

E, G, Amaj, C
                  Yeah, I wrote that wrong originally -I meant the the A and C# is where my ear perks up -but you quoted so fast you didnt get my correction.

Comment

Yeah, I wrote that wrong originally -I meant the the A and C# is where my ear perks up -but you quoted so fast you didnt get my correction.
                    Totally.

Definite dissonance there with that diad... but of course if you play a full Amaj on the 5th fret (which includes those 2 notes), all sounds nice and shiny.

Comment

Your nice and shiny comment made me feel like a crow. . . That's the dynamic that I feel in some music.

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post
                        Your nice and shiny comment made me feel like a crow. . . That's the dynamic that I feel in some music.
                        Caw.

Comment

Working...
                        X