Stairway To Heaven Bass Solo Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stairway To Heaven Bass Solo Chart

I just got done working on this chart for my bass player I thought I would share it. We do STH and are thinking about having the bass take the guitar solo. Here is the rough chart. Some of the bends are impossible so I need to rewrite them as glissandos but this will get you in the ballpark if you want to play around with it. DM me if this is hard to read and you need the PDF.

Play the guitar solo.

Then, instead of going into the outro section, pause and let the drums keep going. People will clap.

Then have the bass player say "You were impressed by that? Every guitar player can play that. I can rock that tune with only 4 strings!"

Guitar: "Oh yeah - let's see it"

Then have him play it too. Awesome will be double awesome. Then into the end of the tune.
    Last edited by Aceman; 06-29-2022, 03:30 PM.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

That is a cool idea. I think we have a cool approach to the tune. We do Whole Lotta Love when we come out of the tune we hit the section of STH right after the line "Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know. Your stairway lies on the whispering wind?" So essentially we go right into the meat and potatoes of STH and spare everyone the flutes and acoustic guitars. It goes over very well. It keeps the energy in the room elevated.

Comment

Working...
      X