Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark World

New song called Dark World
    Stream Dark World by Mark Spinner on desktop and mobile. Play over 265 million tracks for free on SoundCloud.

I like the guitar playing, has a Gilmourish vibe in some spots.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Some really interesting harmony choices and movement in this tune, I dig it

Comment

I really enjoyed that first riff -- it gave me radiohead or muse vibes while still being its own thing. The next bit kind of lost me with the extra crunchy palm muted sound. At 1:35 the melody pulls me back in and makes the vocal work really well. To my ear, that's the real hook of the song. The vocal itself is quite unique sounding -- almost Ozzy esque, but not exactly. The rhymes in some of the lyrics are so on the nose that they smack of cheese, so I think it depends on whether you're trying to lean into the 80s sound for nostalgia purposes, or draw out key sounds from that era without crossing the line into full on nostalgia territory. Cool stuff in any case -- I really dig those two melodies and the timbre of the singer's voice.
        Schecter C-1 elite(alt-5, Fullshred)
        Fender Strat (Jb jr, ssl-2)
        Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
        Marshall 1960a
        Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

Working...
        X