Jerden Style tri-amping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerden Style tri-amping

Some of you might find this interesting. It’s from a new FMT song I’m working on. Through headphones you can hear what each amp adds very well. I forgot to mention cabinets. G12K for mids, V30 for lows and Emience Legend+G12K for the highs, all mic’d with a PR30 and an e906 (yes, they’re all in phase, even after the crossover, then I summed them together to mono amp tracks.)

The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

That is PHAT.

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
      That is PHAT.

Thankyou. It’s wicked fun and guarantees a virtually inimitable sound that’s PHAT!
      The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Comment

12K for the mids and not the lows?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
          12K for the mids and not the lows?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
          When I first re-amped for the triple layering, I didn’t know about crossover points and kinda just had all three stacked on top of each other, therefore used the best speaker for the amp generally and not frequency specific. Now that you mention it, I could retrack the lows through the 12K if I wanted it tighter, but I’m happy with it as is. It’s “bigger.”

The low end from G12K tracks even before being bandpassed, it’s not the boogie obviously. It’s very tight and all but doesn’t have that enormous size. In the meantime, I can always duck, sidechain or whatever else to the low amp channel any time it’s too much. I already have the treble amp come in a touch louder for more pick sound during the really fast parts but not up scratching your ears the whole time. That’s why it’s so cool to do it this way! Totally adjustable, automated dynamic tone.

Comment

Interesting and amazing result

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
              Interesting and amazing result
              Thanks Dank! Now I’m really looking forward to releasing the track!

Comment

If you see spam in any thread, immediately let me know. Don't respond to it, especially if links are imbedded.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  If you see spam in any thread, immediately let me know. Don't respond to it, especially if links are imbedded.
                  I thought I reported it, the form must have crashed.

Comment

That is incredibly thick-sounding. Clear, articulate and brutal. Thanks for posting this, it has my creative juices flowing.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                      That is incredibly thick-sounding. Clear, articulate and brutal. Thanks for posting this, it has my creative juices flowing.
                      Thankyou. That’s fantastic to hear. I can’t recommend it enough to get the right balance of aggression and brutality. Even if dual micing three cabinets per and blending them all seems to daunting, I’m sure today’s modelling software could do a decent job. You also get an entirely unique sound that can’t be pinned down to one style of amp.
                      Last edited by El Dunco; 09-25-2022, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Sounds massive! How hard was it to dial in the phasing? Any benefit to mic'ing them all at once instead of re-amping? I think that would be my first instinct, to just step around those potential issues. Really cool technique with the bandpass filter and such.
                        Schecter C-1 elite(alt-5, Fullshred)
                        Fender Strat (Jb jr, ssl-2)
                        Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
                        Marshall 1960a
                        Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

Originally posted by AmirH View Post
                          Sounds massive! How hard was it to dial in the phasing? Any benefit to mic'ing them all at once instead of re-amping? I think that would be my first instinct, to just step around those potential issues. Really cool technique with the bandpass filter and such.
                          I did reamp the third amp. The benefit of the first two for me was knowing they sounded better together in the room than each did individually. Phasing wasn’t difficult. It’s not hard to make sure everything is in phase with pink noise through the cabinets before even recording. I do a final check zooming in on the waveform but I didn’t have to do anything.

Comment

Working...
                          X