Why Didn't I DO This Before? Painting Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Didn't I DO This Before? Painting Stand

Two pieces of 3 x 2 screwed to an old board.

The 3 x 2 uprights fit in the humbucker pickup holes so you can work on the back while the paint on the front dries.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230105_083116.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	6213731

Cool idea! I never tried to paint a body myself. I think I am too scared (and picky).
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Paint really flows out better when it's hanging - not flat.
      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
        Paint really flows out better when it's hanging - not flat.
        Depends on the paint. I find, for me at least, with rattle cans flat is best.

Sanding a body hanging from a coathanger can be tricky too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          Cool idea! I never tried to paint a body myself. I think I am too scared (and picky).
          If you can avoid it, do so. Spend the xtra $20 and buy a body someone else painted. I wish I had just done both my current projects (the SGV and a 335 knockoff) with natural wood and wipe-on poly.

Comment

thats a good trick alright!

Comment

Should clarify, not MY idea, someone else's but oh boy does it help.

Comment

Depends on the paint. I find, for me at least, with rattle cans flat is best.

Sanding a body hanging from a coathanger can be tricky too.
                If you know what you're using as a finish, and how to apply it - knowing what you're doing with competence is always the best bet.

Comment

If you know what you're using as a finish, and how to apply it - knowing what you're doing with competence is always the best bet.
                  If I let a little incompetence stop me from trying to do something I wanted to do, I'd have never achieved anything in my life.
                  Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                  This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

If I let a little incompetence stop me from trying to do something I wanted to do, I'd have never achieved anything in my life.
                    +1

How do you ever get competent at anything without practice?

Comment

Were you born knowing how to drive, play the guitar, read music, do The Times Crossword and spray paint? How about welding and soldering, knitting, flying a 747...

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Competence is just a value judgment

I say learn, make mistakes, and get better - real satisfaction comes from the effort and growth -not some external objective value tier.

Also, doing things in a non standard or different way is where you new break ground, and make a lot of errors which have value too
                          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Yes.
                            Then can you tell me what women really get up to when they go the bar bathroom 2 or 3 together?

Comment

I like to think I am just pretty aware of my limitations, and I respect them.
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                              X