What would be the best setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would be the best setup?

So, what would you all use to get this tone combo.
    I've been getting into Southern Rock more. Help me out.

For myself, I would use one of my Pauls through the Fender Excelsior for the beginning with some type of boost on the lead. The recording sounds like a mid-sized or smaller tube combo pushed, pretty clean by my standards. I am guessing some type of Fender combo.

Comment

hughie played a 70s strat, billy played a lp custom, both usually though fender amps back in the day. live it was twins, not sure about the studio

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
        hughie played a 70s strat, billy played a lp custom, both usually though fender amps back in the day. live it was twins, not sure about the studio
        I was thinking of some kind of Fender with a master volume a Twin makes sense.

Comment

This is how they got it a couple of months ago.

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
          https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
          Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

I'd put a Strat into any Fender 4x10, a Super Reverb, Bassman, Hot Rod Deluxe, etc. Even clean Fender head with a bass cab like an Ampeg 4x10 would do it. A 4x10 rounds off the treble of the Strat and gives it that mid-range bark you are hearing. The other thing that would get there is a tweed Twin. It has that boxy mid-range when it's pushed that's close to a Super Reverb, etc. You have to twist a few tone knobs a little bit, depending on the amp, as it won't be just plug and play with everything on 10, but any Fender 4x10 cab would make that barking mid sound.

Comment

For the win

Comment

That pedal is probably less expensive than a Bad Cat.
                Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Working...
                X