• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once again: I refuse to use PayPal.
    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
      Once again: I refuse to use PayPal.
      Whats up with your Paypal issue? Just so I know for my benefit
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

PayPal released a new users agreement a couple of months ago that essentially gave them the right to steal $2500 from you if you said something they deemed unacceptable, through social media, etc.

They claimed it was a draft that wasn’t ready for release and withdrew it once it went viral. Many of us don’t buy their explanation. Even if it wasn’t supposed to be released yet or hadn’t been approved, it clearly had been discussed in the revision process.

Teknon Theou
        Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          I either use Bandcamp or Distro Kid. They are different, in that Distro Kid gets your releases everywhere digital music is sold. Bandcamp is exclusive, but you get to keep more of your money, and they allow non-formulaic releases there (like a 14 hour ambient project I released).
          This is my official for the recommendation. Distrokid was MUCH easier to set up, and it costs about 60% of the SoundCloud price. They offer multiple payment options.

plus I didn’t have to choose the payment option before uploading. I couldn’t complete the uploads on SoundCloud because I no longer have a PP account.

Interesting aside: SoundCloud gave a full refund. Yet when I checked a couple of the sites to see if DK had uploaded our albums, I also found the SC versions.
          Last edited by LesStrat; 05-05-2023, 04:54 PM.

Teknon Theou

Comment

This is my official for the recommendation. Disrepair was MUCH easier to set up, and it costs about 60% of the SoundCloud price. They offer multiple payment options.

plus I didn’t have to choose the payment option before uploading. I couldn’t complete the uploads on SoundCloud because I no longer have a PP account.

Interesting aside: SoundCloud gave a full refund. Yet when I checked a couple of the sites to see if DK had uploaded our albums, I also found the SC versions.
            I am happy you have a solution. I don't know how relevant old timey record companies are anymore.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I got curious (because of a question from a friend) and checked our account. We've made $1.64! We're RICH!

No, we really did make that much, but we weren't really expecting anything.

Teknon Theou

Comment

I got curious (because of a question from a friend) and checked our account. We've made $1.64! We're RICH!

No, we really did make that much, but we weren't really expecting anything.
                So you're ahead!
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Not quite. We have not recouped the subscription cost for DK. BuT WE ARE UP TO $1.80!

Weird observation/quirk: if you search by our band name, you get all sorts of results, many that have nothing to do with the name. But if you search by band name AND album title, you can find the band’s page on the streaming site.

Teknon Theou

Comment

Berklee sent out this 50% off link for DistroKid any of you can use it .

Comment

Just remember to also use good PR so you’re not distributing to the wind. That’s the other advantage of being on a distro label as well as not having to pay upfront for distro but you can find good PR people yourself who send your stuff out to magazines/webzines.
                      The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Metal Devastation has some great, affordable PR packages for those of us who play heavier styles.

internet radio, metal radio, metal radio stations, metal streaming radio , heavy metal radio stations, metal radio streaming, radio metal, heavy metal radio, metal news, record reviews, metal blog, metal zine, metal injection, blabbermouth, coronavirus, corey taylor, metallica, ghost, maria brink, slipknot

Comment

Working...
                        X