Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar care

Hi
    I have Jackson guitar in mint condition.
    He have small not deep scratches and
    some haze muddy area.
    Which is best to remove that.
    Is it good Dadario Restore 1.
    Which is better for polish guitar.
    Dadario Restore 3 or Dunlop 65.
    Which is different between this
    Kind regards

Keep in mind that when using any compound on your guitar and even your car, you are not removing the scratch but bringing the rest of the finish down to the level of the scratch by removing the finish. Repeated applications can burn the paint, meaning you start to see through the paint to the primer or bare wood, depending on how the finish was applied. If this is a daily player or gigging guitar, I would suggest leaving it alone. You will have more scratches within a week. If you are getting ready to sell the guitar or put it in a museum, I would then consider restoring the finish.

Comment

Meguire's Ultimate polish is cheap and works great on nitro or poly finishes. I've used it many times to shine up dull guitars and polish out minor scratches/haze.
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Gibson polish takes care of scratches on nitro. StewMac scratch remover or polish works pretty well also. Meguiar's Auto Polish can help with prints and haze but doesn't get rid of scratches so much, IME. But could depend on the guitar finish and depth of the scratch.

Comment

Working...
        X