Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Media Engagement Drop

Hello all!

Writing to request advice on my social media content.

My problem is that I've experienced a drammatic drop in engagement. It almost feels like Instagram singled me out and stopped showing my videos to any non-followers. About 6 months ago, I suddenly went from 300k views per reel to barely reaching 1-2k.

My IG profile: https://instagram.com/christianconti...c4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Is anyone able to give me some feedback on my content? I'm looking for honest feedback. IS my playing not good enogh? Is the video quality bad? Are my posts not engaging? etc etc

A bit of background: I've been releasing content to social media for a few years. It is my main marketing method for my own music, guitar teachings, production work, session work etc. So generally, it is quite important for me as it dictates my contact with potential clients, students and listeners.

This is not a superficial post about wanting likes. This is purely professional.

Any feedback or advice is highly, highly appreciated and I thank you in advance.

Cheers!
    Christian.

I think algorithms are constantly changing, and in the end, you are at the mercy of the host company. It isn't that you are doing anything wrong, other than depending on another company to push your content out to people.
    You can either hop platforms, or study what they are pushing to everyone (this week) and follow that. You can also push your stuff on your own platform like Patreon or Bandcamp and have your followers choose you. Either way, once you figure out the 'secret' that Meta uses to push their content, they will change it- I think it happens to all of us.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Many other marketing professionals and I are using ChatGPT for our social media. You can have it write your social media posts. It will also embed the most active #hashtags into the post based on the subject you are posting about.

Comment

Thank you for the comments. I understand the algorithm changes and the post description tips, hashtags etc.

I was looking more for tips on my actual content rather than the social media/marketing aspect. Althgouh, of course, its very much appreciated and I will be sure to study the algorithm more and also look into using chatgpt for any text-generation wherever possible.

Comment

My guess? You were "canceled" for telling the truth too often.
          aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
            Thank you for the input. What does being 'canceled' actually mean?

Comment

On social media, they will either close your account or simply shadow ban you. You can see and read, but no one responds to your posts because you've been ghosted.
              aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
                He “told the truth” that you don’t need to go from the I chord to the IV chord?
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

yeah, what is this cancelled bs? hes doing guitar videos

Comment

Thank you all for the feedback!

Again, I was hoping for more comments on my actual footage - my playing, the video quality, whether the posts are engaging or boring, covers or lessons? etc..

Much appreciated!

Comment

Well, your content is fine for that sort of thing. I think the issue isn't what you are creating.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

ChatGPT for our social media it can help a lot.
                        Last edited by jowana; 05-25-2023, 08:21 AM.

Comment

I took a look at your Instagram profile, and your music is absolutely fantastic - so no concerns there! In terms of video, they appeared well-produced, and the sound quality was great. Instagram's algorithms can be tricky. Changes can cause your visibility to be affected, especially when much of your audience isn't interacting with your posts. One thing I recommend trying is to analyze your most successful posts, see what they have in common. I personally use this AdSpy tool for this purpose. It provides comprehensive analytics to help fine-tune my strategy based on what's working. Increasing your engagement by replying to comments, asking questions in your posts, or using stories for more personal content could also help.
                          Last edited by boxemall; 10-23-2023, 02:48 AM.

Comment

You need some kind of gimmick. I also recommend doing catchy shorts and reels to promote the videos. Don’t be afraid to do some cross platform promotion too.
                            The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Working...
                            X