No announcement yet.

First song in a long time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does the phone thing work - you mix it and do drums and everything in your phone? Sounds handy if so

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
      How does the phone thing work - you mix it and do drums and everything in your phone? Sounds handy if so
      You can have a full DAW on your smartphone these days. GarageBand might sound pretty stupid but you can download a bunch of amp packs that sound pretty good for guitar and bass, sequence and dial in drums that sound good if you know what your doing.

All you need is a dongle that lets you plug your guitar in. My partner sequences all her songs with it and I finish them up on my dedicated studio rig.

I don’t imagine it’s going to let me record 20 simultaneous drum tracks at a high sample rate, bring them home and export them without issues any time soon (would probably take an amount of cpu a phone doesn’t have,) but it would save a lot of effort if they come out with something like that some day.
      The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
        I use Reaper for a DAW and it's on my PC in the house.

I usually start with a drum track , put it on a USB stick and take it out to the garage, and stick it in a laptop with headphones.

​​​​​​From there I set mics and levels and while I'm listening to drums in my headphones I add all the tracks straight into my phone using a little focusrite Scarlett and the Dolby On app on my phone. The app has a lot of features, but I usually turn the Dolby stuff off and use the track raw.

Then I bring my phone inside, download all the tracks into Reaper and mix, edit, repeat if needed.

It's pretty streamlined, works well for me and it's pretty easy.
        ​​​​​
        Last edited by 80's_Thrash_Metal; 08-25-2023, 05:52 AM.
        https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
          There is this whole room somewhere calls tips and clips....
          Didn't you post something there just recently?

Comment

Are the vocals too hot ???

Seems like they are really kicking me in the ear, might need to adjust them back a bit.
            https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Thrash_Metal View Post
              Are the vocals too hot ???

Seems like they are really kicking me in the ear, might need to adjust them back a bit.
              There’s no right or wrong, as long as they’re audible. Some songs work with them up front as the main event. Others, like they’re another instrument.
              The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Working...
              X