Metal Dreampop Fusion??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Dreampop Fusion??

My partner wrote this amazing, crunching metal song. But part way through it because a completely different style with the synths and drum machines. She wanted to try and separate them but I noticed they were still in the same key and tempo and that if I recorded the guitar parts right to glue it together, we could be onto a whole new sound.

On the back end, where it opens up and gets a little sparse was by design originally for where some rapping or something would go but it made for the perfect spots for me to put some shredding solos in! The reception so far has been great. People love how we fused two seemingly disparate genres. There’s literally only one or two conservative metalhead gatekeepers who don’t like it and don’t get it but we think it’s killer.

She (Olivia, aka cyberkitten on the forum) wrote the whole thing including a rough outline for the guitar parts. I just played the guitars, bass, came up with the solos (which she picked her favourite takes) and she played, sequenced and programmed everything else.

I did the Dime thing, cranked and pushed Randall sent to two cabinets, super scooped, Marshall for the leads. G&L L2500 USA Bass set to maximum growl sent to the early Mosfet Transient Attack with a 4x10 and that super rare, old Abbey with a 1x15

I composed this on GarageBand some time ago, it's been quite a few months in the works turning it into a real song,(with real instruments); there's been a few delays due to personal reasons . Aside f

Someone could have told me SoundCloud embed stopped working…
    Last edited by El Dunco; 08-26-2023, 09:48 PM.
    The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Sounds good! Nice piece. The collaboration makes great music.

Comment

Shoegaze metal?! Sounds good. Fusing styles is all the rage these days.
      The things that you wanted
      I bought them for you

Comment

Working...
      X