DAEAC#E tuning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAEAC#E tuning?

What's the deal with this tuning? Whats the theory behind it? What are the traditional "tricks" for using it? Where can I find more info on it?
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Ah, yes, the midwest emo tuning. Some really beautiful chord voicings are more accessible with it.

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Those were the videos I saw on it, but I couldn't find any thing that went too in depth on it. I guess I'll just have to figure it out for myself and make it my own
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright

Comment

When you barre (or play all the open strings) it's an ambiguous 9 chord without a major or minor third. Opens up some cool chord shapes to mess around with.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Looking further, theory wise it's very easy to make cool decisions with this tuning. Is there any advantage to it over FACGCE? Which is the same thing but tuned closer to standard

Comment

Working...
          X