Been keeping it simple.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been keeping it simple.

Just compression and boost into a tube amp.
    Picovalve with a KT-77 and 12DW7-12AX7 pre. Into a open back 1x12 cab with a C-Rex.
    Have a listen.
    Especially you Steve.

I dig the boost 2:50 tone the most, and like the orange OD at the end -pretty cool brighter 80s JCM sound too my ears

With those humbuckers already doing some initial compression, what kind of setting are you running on the Keeley?
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
      I dig the boost 2:50 tone the most, and like the orange OD at the end -pretty cool brighter 80s JCM sound too my ears

With those humbuckers already doing some initial compression, what kind of setting are you running on the Keeley?
      Here's a closeup shot that should explain it best. And the pickups themselves aren't actually that compressed compared to most of the rest of what I have. They're only wound to 8.2k for the neck and 8.6k for the bridge.Click image for larger version

Name:	AIL4fc_wnWlSOInTRMpV13MpYbJooAVtOrFYKMRgA6RLe5oEN9GyYJElLr0LvWhUo9ux04zwMSkrMlE0PV7MmvWKwVEB7VBvJdqMPrt2N9_3gWxFRJDdZ104xaOEROPn5UaTfqIG-t0V5gMtmC9EQ-sdoB_LGU8EJrTBQWo0Vinc220hfYJFiCwym6rjhq81P5LZ7LoyK0jWq0R6LF6NwpPRlhJeThgOA920BNe_NWj8Hs4WA-hLaxOmJg3toEs
Views:	139
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	6248432

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post

Here's a closeup shot that should explain it best. And the pickups themselves aren't actually that compressed compared to most of the rest of what I have. They're only wound to 8.2k for the neck and 8.6k for the bridge.Click image for larger version

Name:	AIL4fc_wnWlSOInTRMpV13MpYbJooAVtOrFYKMRgA6RLe5oEN9GyYJElLr0LvWhUo9ux04zwMSkrMlE0PV7MmvWKwVEB7VBvJdqMPrt2N9_3gWxFRJDdZ104xaOEROPn5UaTfqIG-t0V5gMtmC9EQ-sdoB_LGU8EJrTBQWo0Vinc220hfYJFiCwym6rjhq81P5LZ7LoyK0jWq0R6LF6NwpPRlhJeThgOA920BNe_NWj8Hs4WA-hLaxOmJg3toEs
Views:	139
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	6248432
        Cool, i dig it - really liking some of those sounds
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I think that having the 12DW7 in V1 has really opened things up for this amp. And I've always loved KT-77's.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Funny, looking back at it, that "boost" is just the Keeley kicking in. The orange pedal is the only true boost.

Comment

It's got a lot of clarity that's for sure
              nice job Dave!

Kt77's are supposed to be kind of like a middle ground between 6L6 and E34L from what I've learned, does that seem to be your experience with them as well?
              https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Not bad for 5 watts into a 1x12 eh?
                The only EL34 that I have ever tried in my Picovalve was a JJ's 6CA7. Alas, after many long years of service, it finally gave up the ghost a few months ago. That's when I put the KT-77 in. The KT-77 has, to me, more mids than a 6L6. It doesn't have as much low mids as the 6CA7, but more than a 6L6.
                What I really think helps with the clarity is the 12DW7 in V1. It cuts the gain, but given how much gain I can possibly add if I want to, it keeps the top end from getting too fizzy and the bottom from getting too flubby.
                Of course the pickups play a big part because the Fuglies are remarkably clear, while still being very loud for an A2 low wind pickup.
                Thanks for the well wishes!

Comment

Working...
                X