banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any experience with True Fire or other such sites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any experience with True Fire or other such sites?

Hi all,
    Considering actively acquiring new knowledge instead just practicing chops. True Fire seems the most comprehensive. Some people seem to purchase courses but I think I'd prefer the annual flat rate like a Netflix subscription.

I know there are others out there. Just thought I'd get a thread started on good online lesson sites.

This thread is basically geared for people who have good knowledge of the guitar already and years of experience but are interested in adding on more.

Thanks.

Style-wise and theory-wise, TrueFire is really good. Technique-wise, I'd go with Cracking the Code.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      Style-wise and theory-wise, TrueFire is really good. Technique-wise, I'd go with Cracking the Code.
      Troy Grady certainly gets down to brass tacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Inflames626 View Post

Troy Grady certainly gets down to brass tacks.
        Yeah, I have never had seen anyone study movement like he has.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Yeah, I have never had seen anyone study movement like he has.
          I ended up with analysis paralysis on the picking thing. Everybody he interviewed seemed to have their own way of doing it and getting to the same goal so I ended up being more hurt than helped.

I still do it the Paul Gilbert way, thumb and index, pick slightly slanted forward, but I use metal picks usually.

I guess I pick more from forearm because when I start fatiguing it is on the upper forearm going toward the elbow. I tend to dig in pretty hard though with a lot of exposed pick, both for tone purposes and because if I choke up on the pick I often catch the string with a cuticle, which isn't pleasant.

Then you just get out the click and do 16th notes and speed it up every day. Like bodybuilding and adding weight.

The routine is mindless but absolutely essential. Wish there was a way to skip it. Don't we all?

Comment

Mine is sort of like Yngwie meets Gambale. Economy picking everything.

Comment

Working...
            X