banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do any of you get your pick stuck on a string when doing an upstroke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do any of you get your pick stuck on a string when doing an upstroke?

I have had on and off problems with my pick getting stuck on a string when I'm doing an upstroke. I hate when it happens. Right now I'm working on a fill for the song Suicide Solution. I came up with the fill.

There are 3 notes on the D string that I have to pick quite fast, and many times my pick does not go through the string on the upstroke.

The three notes are G - G# - A. In other words the D string 5th fret - 6th fret - 7th fret.

I'm already holding my pick at an angle to the string. I'm using my wrist in a flickering motion. That's what I call it. If there was something on your right hand like ketchup or something on the side of your little finger you might try swinging or flickering your right hand real fast in order to get rid of it.

I'm using a Jim Dunlop red Jazz III pick.

Sure would like to solve this annoying problem once and for all.

You might consider looking at a few of the Cracking the Code videos. There is a ton of free content on the website that addresses this problem.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Use a 3.0mm Big Stubby

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
      If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Working...
      X