Sweet NGD,,,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet NGD,,,

I,ve been on a neck single coil trip for while now. Never been much of a neck pup guy but off late..I am loving the tone and feel of them (esp. single coils or humbuckers that sound like single coils),especially on guitars w/ 22 frets.

Anyway, a lot of hype surrounding this (hitherto practically unknown) brand. I was at the guitar store the other day for a pack of Stubby's and as usual i took a look at the guitar's on the wall..and this one stood out like a sore thumb on account of how sweet it looked. It had an immmaculate finish & when I plugged it in & had a go I was shocked at how awesome it sounded as well. The stock pup's are nothing short of spectacular & the tone is friggin awesome..

Price was ok as well.....not super cheap but medium priced.

Pics w/ my cheap crappy phone

Anyway I brought it back to the old nest yesterday.. It played great out of the box but I lowered the action a bit to my usual height (no buzz and I could take it down further w/o any too..it's a lovely neck) & also reset the pup height accordingly (still need to work on that a bit more). The only thing I find a bit "different" feeling are the frets on this thing...they're a bit higher than i'm used to and that takes some adjusting to when I'm playing (for slides especially..). Otherwise...it's a very comfortable feeling axe to play with a nice fast neck, and really excellent slightly recessed two point S style tremolo (very smooth action.and great tuning stability even w/o my usual Big Bends nut sauce treatment which I have'nt got around to yet..). The pup's are especially classy.

Plugged it into my Randall T2/Peavey 4x12 to record something quick (Sennheiser e906 mic)

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Looks beautiful. Love the white pearloid guard with the trans black flame.
    Roasted maple neck?
    By "medium priced", I'm guessing $500 - 1000. (Not sure I'd pay that unless it played and sounded flawless.)
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Thanks..it really stood out in that rack at the store & called out to me ...my pictures don't anywhere near do it justice. They had a blue one there that may have been even more gawk-worthy but I liked the feel/tone of this one better when I played them. Besides, funnily enough I do not own a trans grey guitar (until now). The fingerboard on ths one was prettier too with flame or something running parallel to the frets...very 3D looking The finish on the finger board is glossy as well so it accentuated that..

The equivalent Fender/Squire is $200 more (this was US $640 equiv. in Indian rupees) and does'nt have the looks, finish or features (and frankly... the tone) that this one does. It's Indo-made so I'm guessing the Cort factory. The fretwork on this one is beyond amazing as well...just absolutely flawless.

Here it is plugged into the rhythm channel of my IRT Studio (bit less gain/saturation than the Lead channel..) w/ the neck single. Vox x12 w/ Celestion Redback mic'd with a SM57..

Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 11-23-2023, 10:08 PM.

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

....and yeah, the neck is a nice deep coffee-brown roasted maple one..

Youtube

Comment

Surprised you put your PIA down long enough to buy another guitar. How do the two compare?
          "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

You mean my JEM (woody)?

I'm still rockin it in rotation w/ the other's in the stable. Though the stable is getting a little overcrowded if I'm to be honest

As for comparing them...I'd say the fit/finish/materials/neck etc is on the same level (they probably both came out of the same Indonesian factory)..but obviously HSH vs. SSH so tonal differences. But they are both pretty killer sounding, playing (and looking) guitar's!

Youtube

Comment

This dude has some nice close-up's of the trans blue one..excellent looking guitar..but my trans black was the player (and still pretty sweet looks-wise) so..

But yeah....**** knows what you'd pay for that if it had 'Fender' on the headstock

Youtube

Comment

And after fiddling around a bit more I have everything just where I want it ..right in the sweet spot

Nice & fat, smoky & sweet....nothing else to do but play it now

Youtube

Comment

You followed a chord change!! Lol, at 20 seconds you went from the 1 chord to the 4 chord. Also, that isn't jazz, it's rock. Jazz is where you outline chord changes melodically, not only play with 1 scale over the whole thing.
                  The things that you wanted
                  I bought them for you

Comment

Beautiful guitar, but please, PLEASE, PLEASE don't include any more sound clips of you fishing for the right notes.
                    Originally Posted by IanBallard
                    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
                      You followed a chord change!! Lol, at 20 seconds you went from the 1 chord to the 4 chord. Also, that isn't jazz, it's rock. Jazz is where you outline chord changes melodically, not only play with 1 scale over the whole thing.
                      lol...so you finally bit huh?

And did I? Wow...I did'nt mean to...but sometimes things just work out nice.

And bugger off that's not rock ..it's probably jazz. I mean listen to the drummer w/ those wimpy wire brushes...Pete Sandoval he's not

...and who cares that I did'nt use the Mongolian scale & a bunch of other dumb obscure scales...it's clearly not called for..

It's all about panting hot gropey dreamy creamy dripping wet emotion. If you played like that ^^ you would'nt need dating advice

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                        Beautiful guitar, but please, PLEASE, PLEASE don't include any more sound clips of you fishing for the right notes.
                        ..and finding them just fine too

Youtube

Comment

Another maestro and virtuoso playing jazz. First tune starts at 1:25 and it's in 3/4 not 4/4.

Last edited by Clint 55; 11-24-2023, 08:42 PM.
                          I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
                            lol...so you finally bit huh?
                            I'm not mad foo, it doesn't bother me to chat with you.

And bugger off that's not rock ..it's probably jazz. I mean listen to the drummer w/ those wimpy wire brushes...Pete Sandoval he's not
                            You don't understand the definition of jazz.

...and who cares that I did'nt use the Mongolian scale & a bunch of other dumb obscure scales...it's clearly not called for..
                            Yep, you have it down with your major scale and random notes approach.

It's all about panting hot gropey dreamy creamy dripping wet emotion. If you played like that ^^ you would'nt need dating advice
                            I play proficiently and with emotion.
                            Last edited by Clint 55; 11-24-2023, 09:25 PM.
                            I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
                              Another maestro and virtuoso playing jazz. First tune starts at 1:25 and it's in 3/4 not 4/4.

Sounds like gypsy stuff/flamenco to me...at least the dude put some spirit into it..

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                              X