banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD: Don't know about it being my last guitar ever....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Don't know about it being my last guitar ever....

But it's definitely (ie. probably) my last one of the year

And what a corker of a guitar it is! An Ibanez RGT 1220PB ABS Premium. Made in Indonesia.

A while ago I started a "bling guitar's you have gas for" kinda thread and this was one of my personal frontrunners.

I'd inquired about it locally and one of the stores in my area said they expected to stock it in a month ..did'nt happpen. But last week (about six months down the line) I got a call from the manager at that store saying it was finally due in this week. Not going to lie ..I was pretty excited about it and could'nt wait to head off there (just down the road from where I live....it's a blessing & a curse lol) and have a look.

The long & short of it is after gawking at it/checking it out/playing it there for a while, I got them to pack it up and brought it home yesterday ;bigthumb:

And it's really an awesome axe. Yeah, more than I usually spend, but worth every penny. (price was pretty much exactly what it retails for in the US at store's like Sweetwater..so no gouging) it plays like dream & sounds incredible. Fit and finish is absolutely flawless and you actually get a lot of bang for the buck (neck thru, original Edge trem, Dimarzio Air Norton/Tone Zone pup's etc).

This makes two Indo Premium Ibby's I have now (Woody JEM & this one) and imo they are on par with my Japanese Prestige in in every conceivable way

Product page/Specs:

Having a go with a short while ago (Tone Zone br + Randall T2) neoclassical/shred/tapping...

Pics in the video are what the store guy sent me when it came in. That's the actual axe I bought...

For a neck-through it is really quick/snappy. The tone is fantastic & it plays like something else (built 2 shred \m/)

It''s not really as blingy as I was expecting as well...pretty elegant actually..
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Obligatory cheap/crappy phone cam pics (looks 10x better in person but w/e):

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

After playing it a it......I have no hestitation declaring it a "Shred Machine" & "Tone Monster" par excellence

Insanely fast neck, awesome upper fret access (cuz neck-thru), awesome low action (w/ zero buzz). I already have the TZ/Air Norton combo in my Prestige and I love it. They threw in a free setup at the store and the guy knew what he was doing ..pretty much played exactly how I wanted it to out of the box

Again stainless Jumbo frets but they just feel like any other frets to me....still I guess they're durable so that's nice..

I have'nt yet tried the "Alter Switch" which apparently gives you another five tonal options for a total of ten..

Edge trem is an Edge trem..the best there is out there imo (along w/ lo-pro's). So tuning stability is stupidly good.

Ebony board w/ killer (if a bit blingy) block inlays + an absolutely breathtaking burl top. I'm not too keen on the Keisel kinda dyed burl tops but I'm happy w/ the more natural looking one's...

And there you have it...an absolutely KILLER guitar with an unbeatable price-to-features ratio ...the best out there right now w/ these specs/this quality imo

Could'nt be happier tahat I was able to finally snag this baby

Youtube

Comment

Another pic of the back that I forgot to post before..

Youtube

Comment

Shred-time before bedtime (Air Norton neck)

Youtube

Comment

You do remember that there is a page on the forum called "Tips and Clicks" that you were previously referred to?
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I accidentally clicked on your vid, hoping that I would hear something different, perhaps. Nope...same old same old. OHHH, my head is still hurting.
              Originally Posted by IanBallard
              Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                You do remember that there is a page on the forum called "Tips and Clicks" that you were previously referred to?
                As you well know, since your a stickler for such things (cuz OCD) This is precisely where I need to be for NGD's

And since this guitar has 10 tonal options (as opposed to just five). Looks like I'm going to be stuck here for a while

Youtube

Comment

Is that an OG Edge?

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                    I accidentally clicked on your vid, hoping that I would hear something different, perhaps. Nope...same old same old. OHHH, my head is still hurting.
                    Yeah, I buy a new guitar and that somehow makes me reinvent myself as a theory dork.....not going to happen.

The only way that will work as you well know is for me to open up some mega-thick books of theory all about stuff like the circle of fifths and boxes 1 & 2 (+3, 4, 5 etc.) and other such invaluable stuff an cram it all into my brain as I play w/ myself (on acoustic guitar, to kill the boredom) & sip chamomille tea in the library which is filled with even more (& fatter) books of theory....

So do I see that happening ??? ...NO

As for that headache of your's since you're a doctor and can self medicate, it will hopefully go away if not, you can always fall back on the time-tested method of a salve of crushed goat-sh*t & peppermint leaves rubbed gently on the affected area until the pain subsides.....

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                      Is that an OG Edge?
                      It's an Edge yeah ....What's "OG"?

Youtube

Comment

It's the original Edge not a Lo-pro.

Tho I can live w/ either

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post

It's an Edge yeah ....What's "OG"?
                          Original. Edge 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
                            It's the original Edge not a Lo-pro.

Tho I can live w/ either
                            Oh. Yeah, I had an Edge on my 570! Cool trem!

Comment

Sweet. My fave is the "Lo-Pro Edge" version...but they're pretty much the same quality/performance-wise..

Selector switch in the middle position. Not sure if the "Alter" switch is ON or OFF. Need to figure out which way is what

Nice rich Petrucci-ish kinda tone..

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                              X