Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incoming practice/recording NAD..

Should be a fun little amp

I'm all about recording stuff quickly and with the minimum of fuss. I'm hoping this thing is king when it comes to that

Now for a bit of thumb-twiddling & waiting...

Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 02-07-2024, 08:26 PM.
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

I really want a Revv G20 to be able to move back to tube amps while still being able to play through headphones and recording through IR's.

What did you get?

Comment

Well my last couple have been tube & SS amps...so by rotation this time it's a modeler

lol, J/k, but Like I said I got it just so I can avoid as much setting up & can have everything ready to go in one box w/ minimum connecting/setting up..

Also for practice..cuz I want to work on my rhythm chops and get them back up to speed. I like the fact that this thing can apparently produce a really room-filling spread of sound at low volumes since over the last few years I have become a pretty huge pest to the neighbour's (who happen to be big-time land sharks/mafioso) and it's getting harder and harder to crank up anything w/o cops showing up at my doorstep thanks to those crooks

So yeah, w/o further ado

Skip to 12:00 ^^ for some actual playing/sweet tone

Plus i really like the HOTONE stuff. Just bought the little HeartAttack (Recto) amp & I've had the Ampero for a few years. They make products that don't break the bank & that have a knack for producing great tones imo...

Anyway it was supposed to show up yesterday but did'nt so hopefully sometime today..
      Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 02-08-2024, 06:14 PM.

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Ah, looks really cool! Yeah, I've got a friend who swears by his Ampero Mini.

Comment

I love my og Ampero. The amps sound killer, though I used it primarily for delay & reverb in my amp's loop, but then I lost the power supply at my last gig. Recently got another but have'nt hooked it up yet.

As for my Pulze amp, no sign of it today either ("network delay" being the reason )

Youtube

Comment

hmm.....supposedly "Out For Delivery" let's see..
            (
            ( I've had that go on for 2-3 days in the past ) and I live bang in the center of town. How long can it take??

Youtube

Comment

Damn. Speak of the Devil

Youtube

Comment

Not yet plugged into it...but I'm guessing it works...cuz it switched on

I also managed to get the really important stuff done first ...it now glows purple

It was quite a bit heavier & more solid feeling than I expected it to be.I was expecting more plastic but it's all metal. Very cool gunmetal grey sparkle-ish color. Same size as my Laney SS head that it's temporarily replaced above he Laney Studio..I'll give it a try early tomorrow morning when I'm up..

Youtube

Comment

lotsa clips/testing to come

Youtube

Comment

Well it sounds decent enough..Jazz ballad using a preset (JP Lead) Mic'd one speaker (edge of dustcap) and that's it..

Youtube

Comment

Gott one of these splitter cables coming in later today so I can record direct in stereo from the headphone out to my interface L/R mono inputs & see what that's like. Apparently it also works as a USB interface so I guess you can record it direct that way too...and while it does have bluetooth connectivity I'm not sure if that works for recording too. I'll have to look it up.

But yeah. It is def a legit recording amp capable of pretty sweet recordings w/ minimal fuss & setup. So, personal goal achived/money well spent.. and the presets are pretty fine right out of the box which makes things even quicker/easier.. I believe most are from the Ampero/Ampero II..

Youtube

Comment

Same thing direct. With the ^^ splitter cable. Sounds better/is in stereo ,,,and even less hassle w//o the mic'ing. I'll probably stick to this unless there's a way w/ bluetooth or something that's even quicker/less fussy

Youtube

Comment

First to a single audio interface input -> recorded on a mono track then next -> stereo out to both inputs on a stereo track...

Nice new neoclassical ballad backtrack & that's always fun for me cuz the neoclassical ones always lend themselves to a bit of tapping & shred...

I guess i will have to move on to some of the other presets soon...the Plexi one is pretty sweet, SLO too ..lots of nice tones in this box to get through.. Man, it's obviously going to take a while

But that's the thing about NAD's...so much to explore .

Then I will move on to a couple new threads (NCD/New Cab day's) cuz I just remembered I forgot to open individual threads for those up here ..damn

Youtube

Comment

The trick is a little tweaking. The Presets are all pretty decent & "usable" out of the box but w/a little bit of adjustment they can sound pretty spectacular

This is the "Soloist 100 Lead" amp/patch. All I really did to it was adjust the reverb/delay a little & turn off the "spactial/stereo" thing (sounds great in the room but I prefer to record w/o it)...really opened it up & sweetened it... The issue I have with the lead presets is they're all a bit too crisp/bright/edgy for my tastes. I Ilke a touch of "roundness" to my tones. Anyway that's easy enough to achieve w/ some (very basic) tweaking

SLO 100 amp model after editing (sounds sweet af to me)..

Youtube

Comment

Hotone vs. Hotone

My 5W SS Hotone Heartattack through My Laney 2x12 w/ V30's AND my 1x12 Cab w/ a Creamback 65 (in stereo). Mic'd w/ an SM 57 (Laney) & Audio Technica MB2K (1x12). TC Elecronic Spark boost in front + rev & delay from Reaper.

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                              X