Where ya getting your cables?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where ya getting your cables?

I'm in the need to replace some cables - what's a good cable brand (and source - amazon, sweetwater, etc.) these days that won't short out in 10 seconds but doesn't cost a ton?

What kind of cable? Patch cable, guitar cable, speaker cable, XLR...? I've been happy with the price and performance of Hosa patch and XLR cables and Planet Waves American Stage instrument cables... looks like those have gone up since I purchased, though. I just look around reverb for a good price or a sale on new items.
    Take it to the limit
    Everybody to the limit
    Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

Originally posted by Seashore View Post
      What kind of cable? Patch cable, guitar cable, speaker cable, XLR...? I've been happy with the price and performance of Hosa patch and XLR cables and Planet Waves American Stage instrument cables... looks like those have gone up since I purchased, though. I just look around reverb for a good price or a sale on new items.
      my bad. 1/4 guitar cables (like 20'). not coily.

Thanks for the tips.

Last time I went to a GC they were trying to charge $45 for a short, no-name speaker cable. Um, no.
      Last edited by DankStar; 02-13-2024, 12:44 PM.

Comment

I like Pighog cables, can be had at GC, Sweetwater, probably just about any major seller. My local guitar shop carries them as well.
        1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
        Jackson Soloist 7 string
        ESP LTD M-400
        Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

I have a deal with Pig Hog, and they are good cables. I also like the new Gator cables, too. I get those from Amazon.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Mogami and Pighog are my go-to's. I have one Gold Mogami and several Silver. Also have some near 30 year-old Spectraflex cables that are still going strong. Crazy enough, Pro-Co makes solid cables. I've used those before and have one now that is super solid, very reliable. They've been making cables for decades.

Comment

I love the Pig Hog also. A while back, Amazon had a deal on Amazon Basic guitar cables for $2 each for 10s and 20s. A bunch of us rolled the dice and bought some. I have six; they are dead silent, and I have not had one fail yet. My bass player and some friends also grabbed some; no one has seen an issue with them. I am not sure what they are going for now.

Comment

awesome, thanks everyone.

Comment

the last cable i bought was a dimarzio 18', one straight, one right angle. and i bought it cause its BRIGHT ORANGE and i love it. its obnoxiously bright, but i like it. wasnt overly expensive, maybe $30 all in

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                    I love the Pig Hog also. A while back, Amazon had a deal on Amazon Basic guitar cables for $2 each for 10s and 20s. A bunch of us rolled the dice and bought some. I have six; they are dead silent, and I have not had one fail yet. My bass player and some friends also grabbed some; no one has seen an issue with them. I am not sure what they are going for now.
                    I did the deal, they're great.
                    I used to use DiMarzio, then Mincer mentioned Pighog, and I bought a few of those, but I'm still using the Amazon cables.
                    Last edited by solspirit; 02-13-2024, 06:42 PM.

Comment

i have tons of cables of all makes and they almost never go bad. i just wanted this one cause its orange

Comment

Anything with an actual lifetime waranty is worth it. I customed order my last set of 1/4 inch cable from an online cable maker, excellent choice and trouble free. The last XLRs I made usig Belden cable and Neutrik ends. Those will last a lifetime as long as you don't beat on them and wrap them carefully when finished. Good luck in your search.

Comment

Oh yeah. I forgot about the Fender Purple Haze coil cable I have. Yes, it’s purple. It’s heavier than any other cable I have.

Comment

Working...
                          X