Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with new Seymour Duncan humbucker

Hello,
    I upgraded from a stock bridge pickup in a Jackson JS32 series, to the Seymour Duncan Thrash Factors. Since these are based on the JB model I figured they'd be quite bright, but I'm finding the opposite to be true. Even played clean with no effects at all, the bridge humbucker Thrash Factor sounds like the tone knob is rolled about halfway down, the highs are completely rolled out, there's no snappy response or brightness to it almost at all. This is with 500k pots and I even tried taking the tone knob completely out of the circuit and still have this issue. SD support hasn't been much help and the resistance is basically what their website says, so I'm not sure if I'm wrong and the pickup is supposed to sound like this, or what. I know the stock jackson pickups are probably quite thin in comparison, but I didn't expect such a lack of any sort of highs when upgrading. Am I crazy or is this something that can happen somehow?​

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds very unusual. Something in the wiring might be the first suspect. Try wiring the pickup straight to the output jack and see if it's the same.

I have a Jackson SL3X and the Duncan Designed that came in it were dark, really good sounding, but dark. When I replaced with lower output US-production Duncans mine brightened up and is quite satisfying to play now. But that's me in my situation.

What amp and setup are you using? Is it dark all the time, like clean, grit and distorted?

Comment

Did you buy them from a dealer? There's a bit of Duncan counterfeits out there now.

Comment

Did you buy them from a dealer? There's a bit of Duncan counterfeits out there now. minecraftle game
        Yes, I buy them from a dealer

Comment

Working...
        X