Clear All

• What are y'all recording on?

Just curious, I'm getting back into it.
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

A Windows PC, currently using Waveform or Wavelab.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

PC or laptop, using Reaper. Usually through a Focusrite Scarlett 18i8.

Comment

what ever my buddy tim has set up just laid down some tracks tonight actually. hired stuff so no idea if or when ill ever hear it, but it was fun

Comment

Dedicated Windows PC, never goes on the internet so it’s still ripping fast and clean. Mackie Onyx with an Opto8 pre connected to the ADAT for 16 inputs, half class A, half tube. Rack dbx compressor, tube expander/enhancer., LA-2A optical comp (secret sauce for vox and drums) fatso distressor, Akai 4 track with the preamp bypassing to use a studio pre. A Fulltone tube tape echo that not only has unsurpassed lush delay but is worth the price of admission just for the all tube preamp to add anything from a hair of natural distortion for some extra presence or full on saturation.

A nice assortment of mics from Rhode, Heil, Senheiser, AKG and Shure and some MXL mics I picked up for a bargain, removed the internal part of the grill and modded the circuit so they sound like they’re 10x what I bought them for. The V67G is far better than the NT-1 I paid almost double for.

The 2006s I similarly modded are now gorgeous for room mics to violin and acoustic guitar. I have a couple of Samsons with adjustable patterns that sound really good, total sleeper mics for guitar room sound or drums with the fig 8/omni patterns.

The tape machine adds what I call “juice factor” to the guitars. Removes harshness without being lo-fi and adds low mid warmth, everything I love about metal guitar before digital proliferation. Check it.

The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

A windows pc with a Focusrite Scarlett interface and Presonus Studio One 5.

Comment

Windows 7 desktop, Cubase 5 DAW. Current interface is a Focusrite Clarett 4pre with a couple of outboard preamps, a Warm WA76 compressor, and a Focusrite Saffire Pro40 through optical ADAT for drum mics.
              Take it to the limit
              Everybody to the limit
              Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                what ever my buddy tim has set up just laid down some tracks tonight actually. hired stuff so no idea if or when ill ever hear it, but it was fun
                Oh jeremy... lol!

T4D got a new gig!

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                  A windows pc with a Focusrite Scarlett interface and Presonus Studio One 5.
                  Like I said on your thread, youre getting killer tone Bro, ****** man!tly top of head but Ultimate Dr

I have a Macbook Pro as my foundation. Pro Tools with some drum software and amp models. can't remember exactly. Ultimate Drummer and IK MM for models. A focusrite 18i20 pre channel strip and a Manley Core class A tube channel strip to get the best out of an AEA R44CE large diaphram ribbon mic. Presonus 16 channel controller and a bunch of other crap lol. KRK 8" monitors with the sub.. waiting for it all to get delivered, not exactly patiently...

T4D got a new gig!

Comment

With the band a TASCAM Model 24 for the kit and whatever scratch tracks we do initially. Then I'll port that over to my laptop (Windows) and do the rest in Cakewalk, I use a Focusrite Scarlett Solo interface. I've had all kinds of monitors but I love my old Alesis M1Actives.

I also do some stuff on an iPad Pro my bass player has.
                    My Bands -
                    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                    GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

A PC with a PreSonus AudioBox and SudiioOne 6. I mainly go direct, but I have some decent mics kicking around. I also have a ton of VST plugins like Eventide Anthology, Tai Chi and some iZotope stuff
                      Last edited by Securb; 03-07-2024, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
                        With the band a TASCAM Model 24 for the kit and whatever scratch tracks we do initially.
                        Those look really cool. I’m opening a professional studio with another SP soon and we might have to grab one of those.

I also still have my BOSS BR1600CD I started out with in 2006. It doesn’t have much in the way of deep, pro level features but it does capture 16 tracks, 8 channels cleanly and clearly on its built in hard drive which has come in real handy for tracking on location where assembling and taking down my usual gear isn’t practical.
                        The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Linux PC with RME Fireface 800. When recording single clips (pickup tests etc) I use my own software. For DAWs Reaper and Bitwig, didn't decide between them yet.

I also use a MacBook for audio, but mostly for software synths.

Comment

crappy old laptop that barely has enough ram for anything and a 2nd gen focusrite scarlette. forces me to focus on simple demos, which is kinda what I need

Comment

I record with a mic into a focusrite Scarlett and store it on my phone using the app Dolby On.

Then I dump all the tracks onto my PC and edit with Reaper.
                              https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Working...
                              X