anyone using a mini PC for recording?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone using a mini PC for recording?

Really digging the idear of a mini PC dedicated for recording. They're reasonably priced and pack a lot of power under the hood. I could just hook up all the USB crap and go for it. Would likely outperform my existing ancient laptop. All the laptops I end up in my research are like a grand or more or have a handful of negatives. Not to mention in a few years it'll be a doorstop.

Anyone have experience with one? There's like a million different brands. Something like this (the 512 version; I'd prob use an external drive as needed for project files):
    Last edited by DankStar; 04-11-2024, 09:21 AM.

I have used a lot of them over the years, mainly as media centers for my TV. Right now, I have a MacMini on there. The biggest problem I have had over the years with small form-factor computers is storage space. At 1 - 2 TB, that PC seems to be doing okay for storage.

Comment

That looks great, in fact, the i7 version would probably do everything you need. I may look into one for my recording desk to replace the laptop and annoying USB-C dock.
      Last edited by devastone; 04-11-2024, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
        That looks great, in fact, the i& version would probably do everything you need. I may look into one for my recording desk to replace the laptop and annoying USB-C dock.
        by my research it's looking like about $600 is the cheapest I can go and still get 32 gb of ram and a fast processor. not horrible, but really don't want to go much higher since they are all basically fit for recycling after a few years.

Comment

I was just looking at this one, will have to look closer when I get home.

Comment

Working...
          X