banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wah Not?? aka. 5 mins of wailing, noise & squeals w/ my Crybaby from hell.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMT Stonehead into my camo Laney Pulse PM12S 4x12.

Used my Charvel so pinched harmonics instead of the Schecter's Sustainiac wailing ..still a pretty raunchy squeal-fest

The Pulse driver's are totally concave (no bulging dustcap) & look pretty sweet/can be clearly seen through the Laney's metal front grill..I'm sure I've seen some other newer guitar speaker's that are concave like that... Emi's or Celestion's can't remember which.

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Better mic placement.. The concave "dutcap" is about 3 1/2 inches across nd I had my SM57 just inside the outer edge of it..

Also this ones on the Lead 2 channel & the last one was w/ Lead 1...

Lead 2 is warmer/fatter & also has a rotary knob to make the whole thing darker or brighter & Lead 1 is sharper/brighter.

This way you can have Lead 2 pretty much match Lead 1 or have it be different & do it's own thing..

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Orange Super Crush 100 w/ the Laney Pulse 4x12 & Charvel for more squealing sweetness

I have to say this cheap $200 cab sounds friggin' nuts w/ the Pulse's ..a huge improvment over the stock Laney's (which did'nt even seem to be HH's). In fact it just flat out sounds awesome now...as good as anything I've ever used..

Youtube

Comment

A straight up comparison between the $35 Pulse PM12S speaker's in my Laney 4x12 (mic'd w/ an SM57) & the $180 Celsetion V30's in my Laney 2x12 (mic'd with a Sennheiser e906)

Obviously the mic's and cab configurations are different....but it still sounds pretty damn close ..almost identical

Laney 2x12 w/ V30's:

Laney 4x12 w/ Pulse's

Youtube

Comment

Another 5 mins of fast, tuneless, dissonant, clashing notes..

EDIT:

And since they are pretty sweet tuneless dissonant clashing notes that, eh. lets face it... anyone would be more than proud to produce the likes of

I thought a nice Epic video to go w/ it would be nice.. so here we go

Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 05-01-2024, 11:45 PM.

Youtube

Comment

Tapped arps(0:23) / twin harmonies (0:35) etc. were a lucky fluke. I got down on my knees & prayed the lord not to let me mess them up & he heard my call

Then I continued on my atonal tuneless way

Youtube

Comment

Working...
              X