Tried out Tapping on the Les Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried out Tapping on the Les Paul

Hey gang, I just wrote this riff/ song - in the style of the summer riff rock of my youth. I tried out tapping for the first time and it turned out pretty good!

This song also has a half-time-drums beat-down section, which I love. Let me know what you think!

-Hunter
    Last edited by ImmortalSix; 04-26-2024, 10:49 PM.
    my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Hey man! How's the banana hangin? The song is bangin'
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
      Hey man! How's the banana hangin? The song is bangin'
      Doin alright! Great to hear from you! And thank you. I've been recording a ton of different genres, but I always end up back on this kind of stuff.

How you been?

Comment

Doin' alright.
        - Job is jobbing
        - Wife is wifing (new wife in case you missed that)
        - Dog is dogging
        - Kids are 100%/100%/80% self sustaining
        - Band is still gigging. Someone has to be Steve Dallas. Not sure why it is me.
        - Body-health. Meh...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
          Doin' alright.
          - Job is jobbing
          - Wife is wifing (new wife in case you missed that)
          - Dog is dogging
          - Kids are 100%/100%/80% self sustaining
          - Band is still gigging. Someone has to be Steve Dallas. Not sure why it is me.
          - Body-health. Meh...
          Sorry ( or glad?) to hear about the wife. I know that stuff is rough.

In my world, wife and kids (4 boys!) are all good, got one in middle school and one in potty training and a couple in between, everybody's great.

Job-wise, my division got sold to another company in January and I'm on "the transition team" until May 31, but the acquiring org said they don't want/need our help, so I've been getting paid to chill the last month or 3 - done a good bit of home improvement / honey-do! Still looking for what's next - it's tight out there right now!

I've been recording a lot of music of various types, and health-wise, so far so good!

Check out the music here - some are better than others, LOL

Listen to hunterjsmith | SoundCloud is an audio platform that lets you listen to what you love and share the sounds you create.

I really like "Make More Room", "Slate - Extended", which has a good bass line, and "Start/Stop" which is more of a riff than a song.

Great to hear from you again!

Comment

Oh I forgot the biggest news of all - I have finally realized that I am a Les Paul guy. Took me 30 years of playing to figure out I like everything about em better than Fenders, but hey, better late than never!

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
              Oh I forgot the biggest news of all - I have finally realized that I am a Les Paul guy. Took me 30 years of playing to figure out I like everything about em better than Fenders, but hey, better late than never!
              Search on "Irish" here to see my last Guitar ever. Hint - it might be a Les Paul. Worth the read...

Comment

Working...
              X