NT&FWPD - EHX Cock Fight Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NT&FWPD - EHX Cock Fight Plus

Yep ..that's right. New talking & fuzz wah pedal day...

Ordered this one a month ago but it was backordered & finally got in today

First go out of the box...did'nt change any settings ..it was set to talk wah so that's what I went with..

All 3 modes (Fuzz, Normal & talk wah) after some brief tweaking..

I like all the sounds ...& it works great!

Pretty tweakable so I should be able to get it to sound even better after I familiarize myself

Only downside if there is any is that it's made of plastic & is kinda lightweight ..but I'm sure it will be fine for home studio use

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Very good sounds out of that. I almost bought the original Cockfight, which is just the same thing but required an expression pedal to actually use it as a wah
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Yeah, it does have some sweet sounds. The original is probably a better buy if you already have a decent expression pedal. But tbh I can't complain about this one. It's tougher than it looks after using it a whole lot yesterday. Apart from it's unsettling light weight it actually feels pretty sturdy/solid under the foot.

Obviously the talkbox thing is a blast. But it sounds great as a standalone wah pedal too....I especially like how round fat glassy & present the highs are....nice & bright/lively sounding without being harsh or grating....

It's a diifferent sound and feel from the Crybaby stuff..

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Pop-rock on the regular wah setting with my Ibanez SA260FM (Lace Alumitone Deathbucker bridge) & Orange Super Crush 100 + Eminence Swamp Thang/Manowar loaded Laney IRT 2x12....

Youtube

Comment

Can you put a clip of it alone? I can't tell which songs are the pedal and which are background.

Or put it up in the mix.
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Really? It sounds just right on my setup/through my monitors. Mind you I do tend to have my solo's set to the bare minimum level (cuz of modesty..) but then there's no point if they can't be heard at all..

So happy to oblige if it's louder you want

Youtube

Comment

And LOUD (modesty be damned ) version of the talking wah clip..

Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 05-15-2024, 08:43 AM.

Youtube

Comment

And here's the fuzz wah (w/ the Fuzz set to "post" ie..after the wah)

I got the level of the Fuzz wah track (vs. backing track) back down to slightly higher than the way I usually set it....I mean I hear it pretty clearly so..

PS. That bridge pup is squealing pretty nicely now

Youtube

Comment

& w/ Fuzz set to "pre" (Before the wah) sounds like it's more "in your face" and has more bite this way...

Youtube

Comment

Talking the talk

Youtube

Comment

Eh Mincer, I'm thinking it might be a bit premature to move this thread down here since it's hardly a couple days since I posted it? I mean ,sure there are a few clips in here (as there ideally should be)...but then some were by request (louder versions).

Obviously I have'nt even scratched the surface as far as the tonal variations & possibilities of the pedal go.... which is a crying (lil pun there) shame.....

Youtube

Comment

Pretty sure people know what it sounds like now. I am all for you posting clips, but at some point after 5 or so, it becomes less about the pedal and more about the clips themselves. People can still find this if they need to hear more.
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Well let's hope so..

As I've said before I'm all about selflessness & serving the cause (guitar knowledge). I do worry that 5 meagre clips might not do the trick especially for those afflicted w/ tin/cauliflower ear & the like ... it's going to probably take a while longer for the tone to sink in with them

..but whats' done is done so lets hope they find their way down here & continue to grow musically & tonally as I uncover the secrets of this pedal (w/ clips)

Youtube

Comment

So...more secrets uncovered..

Using it on the talk wah setting w/ the effect tuned down low ..in fact it's barely noticeable/reallly subtle for a more triippy ambient vibe. Reverb pumped up from the DAW as well. I think it's a pretty sweet tone & suits the music perfectly..

Now the drawback w/ trippy/ambient stuff is that it can so easily be the sonic equivalent of watching paint peel... which is why there's a nice epic/melodic chorus as well as some tasteful shred/tapping (and the odd squealie) as we reach the conclusion to make things more memorable

Youtube

Comment

Forgot to import the backing tracking track up ^^ there onto a stereo track in Reaper...so the backing tracks mono and the solo's stereo...

Fixed that here...everything's in stereo..

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                              X