finally recorded a little doodle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally recorded a little doodle

it's the first half of one of my band's songs that i just decided to good around with.

i used my line6 flextone (even with the crappy speaker thats currently in it), recorded onto protools via an SM57 into an M-box. and the drums were done on grageband.

it's not perfect, but it's the first thing i've ever done by myself, so it can only get better with time.

to hear the whole band, go to http://www.purevolume.com/sleeptighttiger
    gear:

'05 gibson les paul studio vintage mahogany (DiMarzio Super Distortion/ SD Jazz)
    '04 gibson SG standard (BurstBucker Pro's)
    mesa/boogie 2-channel dual rectifier (with EL34's)
    marshall 1960A 4x12
    and a few pedals

Re: finally recorded a little doodle

Hey Mutton!

I liked it. You seemed to be a little off at the beginning but after that it sounded real good. I liked your single note melody lines. Definately keep recording and posting!

Comment

thanks scott!!

yeah it was a little sketchy but i plan on recording another little doodle after i get the eminence wizard speaker for my amp, so we'll see how that comes out!
      gear:

'05 gibson les paul studio vintage mahogany (DiMarzio Super Distortion/ SD Jazz)
      marshall 1960A 4x12
      and a few pedals

Comment

bump!

just re-did the guitar tracks, after getting an eminence wizard for my amp, and added some garageband bass
        gear:

marshall 1960A 4x12
        and a few pedals

Comment

Are you kiddin me!!! That Fuggin ROCKED!
          1978 Lefty Gibson Les Paul Custom (C5 bridge, Jazz neck) with Jimmy Page wiring
          1996 Lefty Fender Jazzmaster (w/ SD Antiquity IIs)
          2003 Lefty Taylor 414RCE (Rosewood Limited Edition with Expression System)
          Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier 3-channel through Marshall 1960A cabinet via THD HotPlate
          Effects: Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah, Fulltone DejaVibe, Maxon Rotary Phaser (PH-350), Boss DD6, Boss RC20 LoopStation, BBE Sonic Stomp

Comment

haha thanks bro!

that wizard speaker really made a huge difference. to the ear, it sounds a lot darker than the old speaker, but it actually makes it easier to find that sweet spot where to place the mic to record it, since the high end is a lot less harsh sounding.

if you listen to the first clip (the one on top), then the second one, you'll hear the difference. the old speaker was manufactured by SLM electronics and was taken out of an ampeg cabinet (why i had it in my flextone....long story). the new speaker is the eminence wizard...definitely gets a two thumbs up

anyways, i'm glad you dug the clip!
            gear:

marshall 1960A 4x12
            and a few pedals

Comment

awesome stuff man! i rarely post on this forum but every now and then something as cool as this needs to be acknowledged!

Comment

your singer really sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by fatigueofheart
                  your singer really sucks!
                  ummm...okay? how so?

you're entitled to your own opinion, but constructive criticism is always apprecieated as opposed to saying "this sucks" or "that sucks".

but thanks for the comment, i guess?
                  gear:

marshall 1960A 4x12
                  and a few pedals

Comment

Working...
                  X