emg 85 9v vs 18v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: emg 85 9v vs 18v

Maybe it's just me, but that harmonic squeal!!!. I thought you were breakin' into Decadant dance (Exteme).

Comment

Nice thing about EMGs is their wide dynamic range....good for most styles of music. There isn't much you can't accomplish with an 85 bridge and 60 neck.

The 18v made the tone more dynamic and rich, more body to the notes and more air......more 3-D....over all better in every way to my ears. I am listening through good speakers. The dirty tracks almost sound like you doubled the tracks compared to the 9v version......the difference is that noticable.

Good work bro.

I am thinking of replacing all my guitar's p'ups with EMGs.

Comment

How does the EMG-81 Bridge sound in comparison to the 85 Bridge? Is it dirtier or more cleaned up?
        7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

Im not much into EMG tones but that sounds pretty good i must say. I like the 9V..
          Gear:
          -Epiphone Les Paul- Bridge-Dimebucker, Neck-Alnico Pro II
          -Fender Show Master- Bridge-Pearly Gates, Neck- SH59.
          -Takamine Acoutic/Electric Guitar
          -12 String GK Guitar
          -Epiphone Acoustic
          -DSL 100 Half Stack, Avatar 2X12 Cab.
          -Tube Screamer TS808, Marshall Blues Breaker 2, Ibanez DL10 Digital Delay, Boss GE-7

Comment

Originally posted by joelap
            How does the EMG-81 Bridge sound in comparison to the 85 Bridge? Is it dirtier or more cleaned up?

MUCH hotter; distortion on low gain settings

Comment

Hey Kard,
              Any chance of clips recorded through a mic off an amp. I have 81's and when through my PODxt they sound very different then when in my Marshall. You can't really get a good feel for pickups until played through tubes. just me.

Comment

I preferred 18v when I when I modded my EMG circuit, they sounded more "real"

Comment

If I had an amp I would, anyone willing to loan me their marshall half stack for a year or so? *grin*

Comment

Working...
                  X