Rushed little recording of steve vai's "For the love of god"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rushed little recording of steve vai's "For the love of god"

I just made this 5 minutes ago, I started working bits of it out yesterday so thought id record a bit down its only the bits Ive worked out, I'll record the whole thing soon.

Theres actually a funny story about this, just as I was in the middle of recording it the sound went crazy like super mad feedback and screeching.It almost blew my ears off, I thought it must be the cable, so I tryed another, same thing. I was thinking what the heck is it. I plugged my guitar into my crappy marshall amp, same thing. I decided then to open up the jack input on my guitar, inside one of the wires had completely come off and the other was barely touching. I thought darn it, I'm in the middle of a recording here.

So I got some scissors snipped back the plastic sheath and did a temp bodge job on it and simply wrapped whatever of the wire I could around the terminals. They were barely hanging on but this recording was the result directly after this temporary bodge.

Check it out here

For the love of god

Lo - Fi

Hi - Fi

Re: Rushed little recording of steve vai's "For the love of god"

no replys,

Comment

I've never listened to any of Steve Vai's solo work, but this reminds me of Frank Zappa! It's like he took a small part of a Zappa tune and repeated it, and omitted anything crazy.
      Fender Nashville Tele with ST59-1b little ‘59™ , SDBR-1 duckbucker™ , and STK-T1n vintage stack®

Epiphone Les Paul Classic Plus with SH-2 jazz model™ and SH-4 jb model™

Comment

Originally posted by mike76
        I've never listened to any of Steve Vai's solo work, but this reminds me of Frank Zappa! It's like he took a small part of a Zappa tune and repeated it, and omitted anything crazy.
        he did play for zappa for some time.. and yes, he took a lot of inluences from him

recording sounds pretty nice. like the tone

Comment

One of my favourite Vai tracks, tho I'm not a Passion & Warfare fan.
          Great stab at that song!!!
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Thanks for listening, thats just the practise recording as i call it, to fine tune the tone and work out the proper bits ready for the real recording of it. I'm gonna record the whole thing for real pretty soon, just as soon as i have worked out and got the chops down at the end of the song, which is not too far away.

Comment

he did play for zappa for some time.. and yes, he took a lot of inluences from him
              Exactly, and any Vai fans should definitely check out some Zappa!
              Fender Nashville Tele with ST59-1b little ‘59™ , SDBR-1 duckbucker™ , and STK-T1n vintage stack®

Epiphone Les Paul Classic Plus with SH-2 jazz model™ and SH-4 jb model™

Comment

Originally posted by mike76
                Exactly, and any Vai fans should definitely check out some Zappa!
                word

Comment

Working...
                X